Project Architect / Design Manager
Gensler is one of the world’s leading architecture, design and planning firms, with staff in locations around the world. Our work reflects an enduring commitment to sustainability and the belief that design is one of the most powerful strategic tools for securing lasting competitive advantage. .
At Gensler, you will join a highly creative, collaborative team dedicated to innovative problem solving and design excellence.
Gensler’s San Diego office has a growing, worldwide base of clients. As a result of increasing workflow, we are currently seeking an experienced project architect with a strong background managing projects.
• Manage multiple aspects of client, team and project coordination, including full documentation coordination with structural, MEP, lighting, and AV consultants
• Manage client relationships and team communication
• Resolve complex technical and design issues
• Maintain the project manual and specifications
• Conduct on-site observations and document site reviews
• Process submittals, RFIs, substitution requests, etc. during construction
• Interface with building and permitting officials during the permitting and construction phases of the project
Qualifications: Must possess 7 - 10years of relevant experience as a project architect, with a strong background in various project types .
• Revit and autocad experience is mandatory
• Ability to complete a full set of construction documents
• Knowledge of building codes, standards and building structures
• Ability to understand how buildings are constructed and to create technical documents that succinctly describe the work to be done
• Strong leadership, organizational, communication and relationship management skills
• BA in Architecture or Interior Design
• Interior Design or Architectural license and LEED accreditation desirable
For consideration, please submit resume and work samples.