Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Responsible for leading a sales team of 8-10 highlyskilled, motivated outside sales representatives and account managersfor a Fortune 250 Company, the leading provider of environmentalservices in North America. The right candidate is a results-driven, experiencedsales leader with ability to inspire veteran sales professionals as well ascoach and mentor novice sales reps to fulfill their potential and exceedrevenue growth targets.
Position reports directly to the Area SalesDirector andwill collaborate with accomplished leaders throughout the $13B company. TheSales Manager possesses strong business acumen and develops strategies togrow and retain profitable business within their territory. Thisindividual works closely with the sales team on complex customer and prospectopportunities to aid their reps in successfully closing deals.
Ultimately, the Sales Manager is responsible forexecution of key strategies and initiatives to deliver strong net newrevenue for the company.
Essential Duties andResponsibilities
To perform this jobsuccessfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential dutysatisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Maintains and reinforces the corporate sales strategy and design with Outside Sales Representatives (OSR) and Account Managers (AM).
- Analyzes sales metrics to determine sales rep behavior and/or selling trends and implements course adjustments as necessary.
- Supervises OSRs and AMs activities and ensures team members meet or exceed sales call activity, sales pipeline growth, and new sales revenue.
- Demonstrates outstanding management and customer service skills to motivate sales team members.
- Maintains an ongoing training, coaching and mentoring program in order to develop skills of OSRs and AMs.
- Effectively manages, maintains and ensures use of Waste Management sales tools (i.e. Salesforce.com, Prospect Management, Proposal Program, Pricing Tools, etc.). Ensures entire Outside Sales Team is well trained in the use of these tools.
- Establishes and maintains a high level of customer satisfaction. Communicates to and works with Market Area Management to resolve unique prospective customer issues.
- Provides expert industry knowledge and interpretation to sales team and customers.
- Assists in the communication and maintenance of the Market Area’s pricing and service strategies.
- Interviews and selects qualified candidates for OSR and AM positions.
The highest level ofsupervisory skills required in this job is the management of supervisoryemployees. This includes:
- Direct supervision of 8-10 full-time employees; including outside sales representatives and account managers
The requirements listedbelow are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: 3 years of work experience (in addition to education requirement) with direct supervisory responsibilities of 4+ sales representatives in direct business-to-businesssales, business-to-businesscold calling, and phone based business-to-business prospecting resulting in successfully obtaining customer appointments. Internal requirements include 3-years proven success in a Level 4-6 sales position.
This is a managementposition. Placement into or advancement to this position is dependent uponindividual performance, local market conditions and/or district's requirements.This position is eligible to participate in salescompensation and recognitionprograms upon successful completion of training prerequisites and Market Areamanagement approval.
Certificates, Licenses,Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
Other Knowledge, Skillsor Abilities Required
- Candidates must be able to: demonstrate leadership/coaching, build relationships, communicate with impact, demonstrate adaptability, think analytically, demonstrate integrity and courage, demonstrate professionalism, initiate action, produce results, think strategically, focus on customers, gain commitment, influence and negotiate, leverage diversity, manage work/time, plan and organize, and use ethical practices.
Listed below are keypoints regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonableaccommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities toperform the essential functions of the job.
- Normal setting for this job is: combined office setting and field-based outside sales management (approx. 40% of time in office setting / 60% of time in outside sales setting)
- Local travelrequired to coach sales reps in outside sales positions and/or attend customer visits with sales reps
Req Number: 17016698