Systems and Network Engineer II
- Posted: November 16, 2017
- Indiana, PA, USA
Work Days and Expected Hours: Monday- Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Function: Assists in managing the computing environment by identifying systems and network requirements; installing systems/upgrades; monitoring system and network performance. Assist in the planning, design and implementation of IT systems and networkinfrastructure solutions. Provides support on technical projects affecting the networkinfrastructure as well as IT related systems for lines of business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assists in designing systems and network architectures.
2. Assists in researching new technologies and provides support in proof-of-concept efforts.
3. Mentors junior level staff
4. Actively participates in projects; to include efforts supporting lines of business along with infrastructure engagements.
5. Assists in developing procedural documentation as well as contributes to policies as they relate to assigned duties.
6. Provides training and technical support for users with varying levels of IT knowledge and competence.
7. Performs upgrades, installs and troubleshoots network infrastructure, networking hardware devices, systems and software.
8. Maintains network and system performance through monitoring and analysis, diagnose performance problems; escalating problems to higher level engineer members.
9. Manages servers, virtual environments, network devices, email, servers, anti-spam, virus protection, and patch management.
10. Responds to higher tier level service requests, troubleshoots and resolves issues as escalated from the IT Help Desk.
11. Analyzes and documents current processes and workflows.
12. Contributes to project plans and assists in schedules.
13. Tracks progress of special projects.
14. Identifies, assesses and minimizes project risks to successful project completion.
15. Assists in maintaining regulatory compliance to critical systems and assets as well as within the network infrastructure.
16. Provides support to the On-Call technicians as required for higher tier-level assistance.
17. Keeps current with technology and systems through continued education.
18. Implements, supports and maintains inventory of network assets used within the infrastructure.
19. Trains the IT team member designated as the backup to this position.
20. Attains, and maintains, technology certifications assigned as relevant to designated responsibilities; such as CompTIA Network+, Security+, SANS GIAC Certifications, CCENT, and CCNA.
21. Maintains a good working relationship with bank employees in other departments. Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently, as well as motivated to work as a team player to contribute to the success of the branch and in turn, the organization.
22. Performs other related duties as assigned in accordance with qualifications.
Operates a keypad device: 45% of the day; operates electronic equipment: 40% of the day; operates office equipment: 10% of the day; travels: 5% of the day. The primary parts of the body involved in performing these tasks are the fingers, thumbs, hands, wrists, elbows, legs, lower torso and feet. Standing is required one hour per day; sitting is required6 hours per day; walking is required one hour per day. Routinely lifts 20 lbs., 2 times per day; maximum lift is 50 lbs., 2 times per day. Depending on the day, person could be working help desk and would be sitting all day. Travel kept to a minimum. Requires the use of manual dexterity skills for typing up to 40% of the business day. Must be able to focus visually near and far, specifically at close distance of 18”-20” for data entry for a period of up to 60% of the business day and for occasional travel. Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Associates or better in Information Technology or related field.
Bachelors or better in Information Technology or related field.
6 years:Associates degree in an IT-related field (additional 6+ years of experience)
Understanding in supporting of voice and call-routing. Maintaining Unified Communication hardware, software and hardware configurations. Experience with managing Cisco IP Telephony infrastructures. Certification from a leading IT provider; certification such as Cisco CCNA, SANS GIAC Certifications, CompTIA Network+, and Security+
4 years:Bachelor's degree in an IT-related field (additional 4+ years of experience)
Licenses & Certifications
SANS Glbl Inf Assnc Cert
Cisco Cert Network Prof
CISCO Cert Net Assoc