HCS Application Systems Analyst Sr - Integration Engine
Less than 5 years experience • Misc. Healthcare
The primary purpose of this position is to perform requirements analysis, development, testing, implementation, documentation, maintenance, and overall support for data transfer applications as well as other assigned enterprise and local applications.
Specific duties include:
- Provide EXCELLENT customer service to internal and external customers of the Information Services Department
- Perform analysis, design, implementation and on-going support of data transfer interfaces
- Provide on-call and after-hours support of assigned applications
- Lead projects and report status as requested
- Interact with users and department representatives for the purpose of ensuring that product development meets stated functional requirements, system design standards, and data integrity
- Coordinate aspects of integration development, maintenance, and the overall transaction and data flow among applications
- Create and update documentation related to interface specifications, service level agreements, change management, and data flow diagrams
- Perform peer code reviews
- Perform system backup and recovery of assigned applications
- Maintain concurrence of HL7 standards and translation requirements
- Educate customers, both IS and Non-IS Staff, with the capabilities of interface processes
- Work with departmental representatives to resolve, implement, and sign-off approved user requests
- Assist in the establishment and continuous improvement of standards and procedures for application development, maintenance and problem reporting/resolution, data integrity, security, contingency planning, and documentation
- Train junior team members on support processes and development techniques
- If a Bachelor's or degree: Four (4) years of related experience in computer programming.
- If an Associate's degree: Six (6) years of related experience in computer programming.
- If a High School diploma or GED: Eight (8) years of related experience in computer programming.
- Experience with developing/supporting interface engine or data integration applications. Infor Cloverleaf integration engine (version 6.x) highly preferred, but experience with other interface engines may be considered
- Expert knowledge of HL7 version 2.x message types and segment/field mapping
- Expert knowledge of communications protocols (for example: TCP/IP, FTP, SFTP)
- Technical and communication skills combined with business knowledge and experience to translate technical knowledge into successful applications understandable by Healthcare System personnel
- Experience with shell scripting languages (for example: Korn, Perl)
- Experience with UNIX
- Experience with TCL or Java
- Experience with Epic Bridges/Epic Bridges certification
- Cloverleaf certification