The Manager is accountable for providing financial expertise; financial performance analysis of the consolidated T&O Financial Statements and lead the Global Product Operations’ financial close process. Specifically the manager will be accountable for the Revenue (NII, NIR), Direct NIX & FTE for Consolidated T&O as well as oversight on T&O Cross Charges.
The Manager contributes by delivering performance reporting of consolidated operating results for T&O consolidated and co-ordinates the financial planning, forecasting and ad-hoc analysis and presentations within T&O & Corporate Areas NIX, as well as providing financial advisory support.
Key accountabilities of the Manager Finance
• Manage and enhance the consolidated monthly/quarterly analytical review processes for the T&O consolidated P&L & Balance Sheet. (Total Revenue, NIX, Cross Charges, FTE and Taxes).
• Synthesize the divisional analytical review process to provide key messages within key reporting packages, including T&O Story Board, Performance Monitor, Board Slides and CAG Analytical Review.
• Support the month end close process for T&O Consolidated to ensure that financial results are in accordance with BMO operating policies and external reporting guidelines. (IFRS)
• Facilitate the month end close process for Global Product Operations division to ensure that financial results are in accordance with BMO operating policies and external reporting guidelines. (IFRS)
• Assess and recommend control enhancements where appropriate to reduce financial reporting and operational risk within the division.
• Lead the T&O’s financial annual planning process from end to end, ensuring co-ordination of all core deliverables. Including Target setting, Functional transfers, cross charges, and consolidation in BPC.
• Lead T&O’s quarterly forecasting process ensuring divisional deliverables and accountabilities are clearly communicated, designed effectively and continuously monitored.
• Provide mentorship and training to junior and new staff members.
• Perform and co-ordinate ad-hoc analysis to address new and emerging trends.
• Pro-Actively Identify, design and implement strategic improvement’s in key functional area's within T&O Finance in support of T&O Finance’s Strategic Objectives Support the integration of core deliverables within the combined Corporate Services team to gain efficiencies and share best practices.
To deliver on the financial and managerial accountabilities, the incumbent must have the following authorities:
• Advisory -- has the authority to provide advice and counsel to his/her colleagues on proposed strategies, the evaluation of existing and potential financial/business initiatives and on internal and external factors affecting the Banking Group and its funding.
• Recommending – has authority to recommend policies, procedures and standards for financial compliance within the Banking Group.
• Coordinating – has the authority to coordinate work and/or call people together to discuss/resolve issues. Can persuade people to change course and/or act in concert with each other.
• Monitoring – has the authority to collect or be provided with the required information from others when reviewing and reporting on financial results, determining costs and effectiveness of current programs and reviewing costs and budget items.
• Auditing – has the authority to examine the work of others in order to ensure compliance with all regulatory and governance requirements.
This role requires the incumbent to interact with the following processes and/or groups:
Co-ordinate with Divisional finance Managers / LFO’s to validate consolidated Financial Results, Plan and Forecast.
Partnering with T&O, Corporate Areas and Operating Group Finance Managers on a monthly basis to ensure optimal Month End Close process.
Provides financial advisory services and counsel to colleagues across with Financial Performance Management Team for purpose of reviewing financial performance, identification of emerging trends gaps/opportunities and resolution in support of their business unit assessments.
Provides financial advisory services and counsel to colleagues across Operating Groups/LOBs for purposes of reviewing financial performance, identification of emerging trends gaps/opportunities and resolution in support of their business unit assessments.
Provides financial advisory to T&O Leaders on the status of their financial results.
• CA/CMA/CGA or an MBA in Finance/ Accounting or comparable work experience
• 5 years of work experience in a financial environment
• Excellent financial analysis ability
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Experience in preparing and delivering presentations
• In-depth knowledge of Bank structure an asset
• Broad experience in planning, forecasting and analysis
• Very strong knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Strong knowledge of Bank information systems an asset
• Exceptional relationship management capabilities; ablility to develop and foster relationships with and influence senior management and executives
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
• Demonstrated above average integrity, courage, self confidence and professionalism.
• High achievement orientation/strive for a standard of excellence and visibly demonstrate the ability to get the job done.
• Proven interpersonal and relationship management skills, and be detail-oriented with the ability to follow up on items or determine appropriate steps for timely resolution
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills; strong business acumen
• Excellent judgment and decision-making.
• High degree of demonstrated conceptual/strategic thinking
• Strong ability to Impact and influence