As the Vice President of Sales for Washington, you will be responsible for all activities related to conceptualizing and implementing strategies, achieving sales and revenue targets and successfully managing sales and account management for our Washington state market. Specific responsibilities include business development; account service and retention; staff performance and development; distribution arrangements, broker relations and sales coordination.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Direct the sales strategy for the book of business in Washington affiliate plan markets. Establishe tactics and manage resources necessary to achieve the goals outlined.
- Direct local product development initiatives in conjunction with larger TRG market initiatives.
- Participates on The Regence Group (TRG)-wide senior product and market development teams to ensure consistency across four states.
- Direct sales managers and staff in all key market segements, including commercial, Medicare risk, cost and supplemental products, small and large group employer sponsored, national accounts through BlueCard programs, Administrative Services Only (ASO) and TPA.
- Direct all member retention strategies and all new group sales strategies.
- Work collaboratively with actuarial and underwriting leadership to ensure profitable growth.
- Use salesreporting to track, measure and analyze performance.
- Direct market analysis of local competition to ensure competitive advantage.
- Direct broker relations and compensation strategies.
- Ensure all sales communications are coordinated, supportmarketing and sales plan objectives, and are an effective expenditure of resources, in conjunction with Corporate Communications.
- Oversee the development and implementation of sales incentive compensation programs for all local business.
- Provide sales strategy input to advertising and public relations.
- Serve on senior leadership team for Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield Oregon (RBCBSO) or Regence Blue Shield (RBS).
- Build, develop and manage a sales team capable of successfully implementing sales strategies and the marketing profession in particular.
- Prepare presentations to management groups, leadership groups and the boards to explain the company’s market position and initiatives.
- Serve as a member of the Marketing Strategy Committee.
- Business Degree in healthcare administration, marketing or a related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience. Masters Degree is preferred.
- Ten years experience and a demonstrated track record of accomplishments in healthcaresales in the insurance industry highly preferred.
- A minimum of five years' experience in management.
- Must be currently licensed, or must become licensed within 60 days of hire, to sell insurance (health, life, and/or disability) in the state or states where business is conducted.
- A reputation for effective relationships with executives, employers, brokers and staff in the Washington insurance marketplace.
- Strong interpersonal skills, maturity and good judgment; a positive can-do attitude.
- Effective communication skills with a diverse range of individuals, and strong writing and presentation abilities.
- Comfortable working in a complex, competitive environment
- Broad functional experience in areas of strategic planning, sales and marketing, business and market development.
Regence employees are part of the larger Cambia family of companies, which seeks to drive innovative health solutions. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforcediversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Regence is 2.2 million members, here for our families, co-workers and neighbors, helping each other be and stay healthy and provide support in time of need. We've been here for members more than 90 years. Regence is a nonprofit health care company offering individual and group medical, dental, vision and life insurance, Medicare and other government programs as well as pharmacy benefit management. We are the largest health insurer in the Northwest/Intermountain Region, serving members as Regence BlueShield of Idaho, Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon, Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Utah and Regence BlueShield (in Washington). Each plan is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
If you’re seeking a career that affects change in the health care system, consider joining our team at Cambia Health Solutions. We advocate for transforming the health care system by making health care more affordable and accessible, increasing consumers’ engagement in their health care decisions, and offering a diverse range of products and services that promote the health and well-being of our members. Cambia's portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
Requisition ID 2017-23596