Equal OpportunityEmployer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250company, is searching for an experienced leader with Waste Industry Experience. This Employee will be responsible for managing multiple facilities coveringall areas of Solid Waste Management. Collections, Recycling and Disposal.The locations managed will be in the Florida Panhandle and SouthernAlabama.
Waste Management is the leadingprovider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. Weare strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalismand financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers inresidential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout NorthAmerica through a network of collection operations, transfer stations,landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Manages the day-to-day operations ofa single site or multiple sites, and establishes and maintains performance andproductivity metrics and cost management processes.
II. Essential Dutiesand Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, anindividual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Manages the day-to-dayoperations of the District, and provides daily support to managers in ensuringquality and budget performance.
• Monitors budget andoperating metrics while diagnosing and improving processes, procedures, andperformance.
• Executes the Market’sstrategic capital budget, ensuring effective use of the budget through assetallocation; ensures appropriate spare ratios and asset disposal.
• Executes necessaryprecautions to ensure safety and compliance with Company, OSHA, and otherstandards and regulations.
• Ensures thorough rootcause investigations for all injuries and incidents, following-up withconsistent discipline and retraining.
• Oversees personnel needsof the department including selecting, coaching, disciplining, and trainingemployees and evaluating employee performance. Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
• Formulates bothshort-term and long-term goals and action plans in conjunction with the MarketArea General Manager and/or Director of Operations.
• Participates in regularP&L reviews to ensure that budgets are met; develops and implementsprograms for optimal equipment utilization, equipment maintenance, and laborand material costs.
• Interacts with localcity, municipal, and county agencies to ensure customer satisfaction, improveefficiency, renew contracts and negotiate new contracts; establishes WM as agood corporate citizen and valued resource.
• Engages suppliers inproblem solving and participates in suppliers’ improvement processes byproviding performance feedback on supplier surveys.
• Minimizes the totalnumber of suppliers used by working with Supplier Partners to eliminate/reducethe number of one-time suppliers.
• Works with functionalgroups to resolve employee relations and labor relations issues.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
The highest level ofsupervisory skills required in this job is the management of supervisoryemployees. This includes:
Direct supervision of 5 facilities including 8 full-time employees, and Indirect supervision of 100 full-time employees.
The requirements listed below are representative of thequalifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: 5 years in a role with supervisory and P&L responsibility (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills orAbilities Required
- Experience in a position involving at least 2 of the following: operations, customer service, community relations, health and safety, financial, and human resources function, experience as a supervisor or manager; experience implementing safety (OSHA) programs and equipment specifications, experience preparing and managing budgets, and experience resolving labor relations issues required.
PreferredExperience: 5 or more years of recent,progressive management experience in the Waste Industry with a combination ofCollections, and Landfill experience.
Listed below are key pointsregarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonableaccommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities toperform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is:office setting, Landfill
Req Number: 17016847