5 - 7 years experience • Legal Services
We have an immediate opening in our Austin or Denver office for an Event Planner.
The Event Planner is responsible for all activities as they relate to the development, negotiation, execution and follow-through of firm and client events. The position entails significant interaction with members of the Client Development department, several other departments within the firm, attorneys and clients. The position is expected to perform all responsibilities with a commitment to providing superior service to the firm’s attorneys and professional staff, as well as firm clients and business partners. Candidates must possess solid project management skills and must be capable of working well under pressure and quickly adapting to change in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Excellent communication skills and professional appearance, demeanor and work ethic are required. Essential job functions include:
- Provide overall logistic management for client-focused firm events and seminars. Responsibilities include contract negotiations with vendors and service providers; selection and coordination of sites and facilities; coordination and production of event material; management and coordination of all event details; and development of schedules.
- Plan, coordinate and execute online events using webinar platform.
- Participate in initial planning and strategy sessions with attorneys, business units, Client Development team members and other firm personnel.
- Conduct market, vendor and venue research and propose recommendations for events.
- Prepare event promotion plans and schedules; work with marketing team to execute communications.
- Develop, update and maintain event distribution lists using firm’s CRM system.
- Oversee and execute event production and coordinate staff and vendors as appropriate during onsite events.
- Utilize event technology and tools (e.g., mobile apps, polling, surveys) to enhance programs.
- Prepare post-event reports that include attendee evaluations and ROI analysis.
- Maintain master calendar of events and post events to internal and external websites.
- Develop and manage budgets for all firm events in collaboration with Client Development staff, administrative directors, attorneys and business units.
- Bachelor’s degree with major coursework in event management, marketing, communications or related area; or combination of education and commensurate work experience required.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience managing meetings and events, preferably in a professional services environment.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Strong organizational abilities. Excellent project management skills; must be capable of working well under pressure in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to work early mornings, evenings, and travel (within and to other markets) to events as needed; occasional weekends required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite required.
- Certified Meeting Planner (CMP) preferred.
- Experience with webinar platforms, event apps and event technology preferred.
- Experience with CRM software (e.g., InterAction) a plus.
- Ability to deliver superior service to all internal and external customers and communicate effectively.
- Ability to interact in a professional and courteous manner with clients and employees at all times; professional appearance required.
- Ability to successfully perform position requirements with excellent organizational, time-management and prioritization skills required.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team; ability and willingness to adapt to changing business demands.
- Ability to produce acceptable amount of work efficiently and accurately; ability to produce quality final work product.
- High level of professional integrity required; ability to maintain confidentiality and build trust.
Please select an "Apply" link at the top of the page. Please include a current resume and cover letter in your application.
EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Vet. Principal Applicants Only.
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Bachelors or better in Communication or related field.
Bachelors or better in Event Management or related field.
Bachelors or better in Marketing or related field.
5 years: Meeting and Events Management
Professional Services experience
Licenses & Certifications
Certified Meeting Planner