Our people are the difference....
This senior leadership opportunity will lead Human Resources partnerships with critical business functions, lead Diversity & Inclusion strategy for the organization, and oversee HR compliance, all in support of strategic vision, business objectives, and the Gordon Food Service mission.
Our Human Resources professionals are here to ensure that we have both the tools and the culture in place to maximize the performance of our people and ensure that they feel valued and recognized. Divisional HR teams work daily with the business to bring the "people perspective" into the discussion and also to support our employees through their work life cycle, preserving the culture that makes us unique. In addition, HR teams in our Home Office provide the strategy, processes, and programs that allow us to attract, develop, reward, and retain a workforce of over 19,000 people.
Partnering with other areas of HR, the Senior Leader - North American HR will report directly to the Chief People Officer and ensure implementation of HR best practices with specific focus on nearly 1,500 Home Office (headquarters) employees, while also serving as a thought leader and champion for D&I and Compliance initiatives across the North America.
- Leads all HR strategy for functional teams in the Home Office (Headquarters), including workforce planning, succession, performance management, employee experience, culture events, compliance, and employee relations
- Works directly with senior leaders to deploy specific HR systems, processes, and tools to increase productivity and positive employee experience
Diversity & Inclusion
- Leads and creates strategy for North American Diversity and Inclusion
- Oversees creation and deployment of D&I programs, communication, education, and community outreach
- Partners with Business Leaders on D&I impacts to the business
- Serves as the Gordon Food Service HR Compliance Officer, responsible for Affirmative Action Plans, OFCCP, EEO, and other governmental compliance related to Human Resources
- Leads the US HR Compliance strategy and team
- Develops strategy and consults with Canadian HR leadership on Canada compliance
Must have requirements:
- Bachelordegreerequired, Master's preferred
- 10+ years of broad Human Resources experiencerequired, with large organizational oversight
- 4+ years of people management experience, including hiring, motivating and directing people as they work
- Keen insight into the implications of workforcediversity and inclusion
- Experience working directly with executive level senior leaders to deploy HR systems, processes, and tools
- Management experience and knowledge of strategic planning, resource allocation, and business decision making
Leading candidates will differentiate themselves with...
- Experience in HR Compliance preferred; including success working directly with legal resources to interpret and deploy employment law and regulatory compliance into the work environment
- Keen insight into the implications of workforcediversity
- Experience working in internationally diverse workforces
- Demonstrated success in solving complex problems
Job ID 2017-2990