The AVP, Enterprise Analytics Delivery will be tasked with achieving the overall analytics objectives:
- Drive the strategic roadmap and prioritization of applying advanced analytics across corporate functions
- Grow and manage the portfolio of analytics work aligning it to business priorities
- Develop business cases for new analytics capabilities and partner with business to deliver on the value
As the enterprise analytics program lead, you will champion the importance of accelerating analytics at MetLife. You must be an entrepreneurial leader able to gain stakeholder trust and adept at influencing others. You are able to secure resources needed for delivery, escalate issues and anticipate project specific risks to ensure timely and on-budget implementations. You’re excellent at communicating to all levels and are comfortable explaining your team’s analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing trade-offs or dependencies with Business partners.
- Take active part in the global analytics leadership team focused on accelerating analytics
- Own the financial health and project portfolio of advanced analytics work within core Enterprise functions
- Responsible for monitoring business value of analytical initiatives by partnering with business stakeholders
- Lead and motivate efforts of formalizing business partnerships across the enterprise functions
- Expand the technical capability to perform leading edge analytical studies based on big data
- Lead efforts of opportunity mapping and business case development for data science
- Lead a team of highly skilled data scientists
- Focus on execution and prioritization of multiple analytical initiatives
- Developing and promoting best practices for advanced analytics
- Ability to travel (30%)
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 10-15+ years of experience, preferably within global financial services firm or a Big Four management consulting firm
- 5+ years of relevant business experience in the field of advanced analytics
- Bachelor/Master’s Degree in quantitative discipline such as statistics, mathematics, physics, advanced computer science
- Strong data analytic and information management experience
- Profound knowledge and experience with machine learning and preferable text analytics
- Experience leading and delivering advanced analytics projects
- Proven ability to partner and influence key business stakeholders at all levels across a global organization
- Proven record of strategic planning and execution focus
- Strong communication skills; effective in messaging the goals and objectives of advanced analytics and the impacts and benefits
- Results Driven – focuses on and tracks the key elements that drive the business.
- Knowledge and ability to understand analytical software like R, SAS, SPSS and similar.
- Other Competencies: interpersonal skills, self-starter, verbal and written communication skills, presentation skills, sound business judgment, ability to lead, organizational skills.
- Motivates People – Gains people commitment to achieve business objectives through clear communication of the company’s vision and flexing leadership styles to inspire high performance.
- Creates Partnerships – Authentically builds trusted relationships and collaborates across global, diverse and multi-functional teams to successfully drive business objectives.
- Seizes Opportunity – Seeks new opportunities and ways to create balanced business growth while improving operational capabilities.
- Grows Talent – Inclusively and pro-actively develops talent, empowers individuals and manages diverse teams to drive engagement and performance.
- Drives Results – Sets aggressive goals and is accountable for continuously driving improved performance, leading change and ensuring high standards.
- Reports to: Vice President, Data Analytics
- Direct reports/team: 2-3 directs; 15 total
- Key Stakeholders: Senior leaders across GTO and Corporate Function business units