The role will partner with the Business Relationship Manager to ensure the quality of business cases, oversee business process design and ensure that proposed solutions meet established AstraZeneca quality and compliance standards and customer experience needs.
The Business Analyst will determine the process and requirements management methodology practices within their function, ensuring that the methodology, quality and compliance standards are adhered to; contributing to internal IT processes and standards for business analysis and design. In addition, the Business Analyst will mentor other Business Analysts to develop their skills and share best practices in relevant communities of practice.
The Business Analyst is expected to perform at expert level in the following:
- Business Needs Identification - Operates at an enterprise level in assessing and defining business need and areas for improvement. Proactively seeks out opportunities to enhance and improve in line with strategic goals. Actively monitors and identifies capability gaps and proposes potential solutions through research internally and externally.
- Business Analysis Planning - Selects the appropriate analysis approach to a piece of work depending on its complexity, level of risk, known assumptions, constraints and dependencies. Proficient in scoping and recommending appropriate approaches. Capable of planning and managing their own and other team member’s activities to meet deliverables and deadlines. Accountable for performance and quality of analytical work delivered, both their own and the work of others.
- Stakeholder Analysis & Change - Effectively identifies stakeholders from all areas of the business, and actively builds and maintains relationships according to individual stakeholder needs and levels of influence. Contributes to communication plans and change management for project and stakeholders.
- Requirements Analysis and Design Definition - Responsible and accountable for requirements management plans including elicitation, approvals, processes, RAID and scope impacts. Highly responsive to changing business priorities with ability to plan ahead, accounting for potential changes and corrective actions. Advanced requirements elicitation and management skill-set; including traceability, testing and validation. Leads the work with the business to identify functional and technical requirements, translating the requirements into design specifications reflecting Functional Design, User Interface Design and Business Process Design. Closely partnering with the Architecture team, ensuring the technical solution will deliver the agreed business benefits.
- Business Case Definition - Shapes and defines the business case, producing detailed business justification for investment including ROI and benefits realization.
- Solution Evaluation - Highly proficient in analyzing and assessing solution proposals and able to articulate supporting reasoning. i.e. assessing business readiness, maximizing value vs. spend
Work collaboratively with:
Senior Business Stakeholders to ensure that solutions fulfil their future strategic needs and challenges Business Relationship Managers to develop and maintain the business relationship, support business process change and act as point of contact for application development Business customers to identify business requirements and effectively communicate impact, cost and benefits of new and changed demands Process owners to identify and devise solutions that optimize business process performance, capability and competitiveness IT Architecture, Delivery and Support to ensure clear understanding of requirements and effective testing so that the solutions delivered to the business are efficient and effective, meeting the customer experience expectations.
Work collaboratively with or take responsibility for:
Test Lead to define the testing approach and the components of testing to ensure traceability of requirements and effectiveness of overall solution.
Change Management/Communication Lead to ensure the Change Management and Communications plans and delivery support the Stakeholder Analysis.
Required Skills & Knowledge
- Proven experience of successfully deploying a variety of business analysis tools/techniques to enable business change
- Proven experience of working with complex integrated systems, using creative and strategic thinking to deliver exceptional results
- Strong engagement, communication and stakeholder management skills, including excellent presentation and influencing skills
- Experience of working in a regulated environment
- Experience of virtual collaboration to lead, shape and develop innovative solutions
- Experience of mentoring, coaching or developing others
- Experience of working with and managing third party suppliers/vendors
- Experience of managing high levels of risk by making complex judgements, developing innovative solutions and applying a comprehensive cross-functional and industry understanding.
Preferred Skills & Knowledge
- Degree in relevant discipline or formal certification in business analysis practice
- Lean SIGMA training
- Practical usage of Agile Methodology
- Experience of working in a global organisation with complex/geographical context
- Pharmaceutical business awareness/business domain knowledge
- Cross industry business awareness/business domain knowledge.