The Field Systems Support Engineer is responsible for reatail store systems support and customer satisfaction levels in a defined number of stores within a geographic region in the US.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Store Systems Support
- Supports the rollout of new technology projects into the stores
Critical and Essential Tasks:
- Technical support for a number of stores within a geographic location to include:
- Receiving IT support tickets and responding with IT support to correct the problems as needed
- Responding to critical issues (such as shop down) with urgency and a high level of customer service and commitment to fix.
- Issues could include:
- Shop PC hardware (POS terminals)
- Printing (laser, thermal and dot matrix)
- Networking (wired and wireless)
- Telecoms (broad-band cable and satellite)
- Card readers
- Application support (in house as well as SaaS applications)
- Performance troubleshooting
- Maintaining IT Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) agreed with the Operations team.
- Identifying weaknesses in shop infrastructure and working with the IT technology teams to fix and improve.
- Completing small projects that enhance the ability for the shop systems to perform.
- Working with other groups with IT and the business to make sure changes to store systems are planned and implemented with no disruption to shop teams and customer support
- Maintain processes and tools that streamline Service Management functions
- Ensure alignment on priorities and direction by partnering with other groups and leaders
- Work with local and national vendors to troubleshoot issues
- Comply with and enforce all Company Policies.
- Perform all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the critical tasks listed above satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the critical tasks.
- 2 years of IT Systems Support experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of hardware to include PC’s, common peripherals such as printers, card readers etc.
- Knowledge of software applications preferably retail / financial applications.
- Knowledge of basic networking and telecommunications
- Experience with support desk ticketing systems
- Demonstrated abilities to work with Management level customers and create automated solutions to business problems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in small project planning and management skills.
- Demonstrated good verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills; attention to detail and accuracy in work; and time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and/or on a team and meet deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or technical support certification in relevant fields