We’re at the forefront of new commercial and institutional sites, transportation facilities, flood control structures, mining developments, near shore and offshore structures, green energy developments, utility expansions, water supply assessments, oil and gas facilities, and pipelines —you’ll find us working everywhere from urban cores to remote northern outposts. By expanding our depth and range of professional services we ensure community improvements are built on solid ground. Our continued growth gives our team opportunity to work with clients across multiple sectors on technically challenging and transformational projects.
Join a dynamic team that balances competing project interests with creativity and efficiency for a smooth ride every time. Together, we can build a rock-solid future.
As a Senior Geotechnical Engineer you will have the opportunity to work on engineering and geotechnical projects in a multi-discipline project team environment. We are looking for three Senior team members to fill openings in one of four offices (Saint John, New Brunswick, Fredericton, New Brunswick, Moncton, New Brunswick and Dartmouth, Nova Scotia) where many of Stantec’ s design projects take place.
You will be responsible for developing cost effective, practical geotechnical engineering designs and construction solutions for our clients. This is has an immediate opening for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer with strong technical design skills with the communication and organizational skills to manage projects and act as a technical resource for the team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships within the region
- Identify and lead project opportunities and pursuits
- Manage geotechnical programs, maintaining quality and implementing improvements
- Work on a variety of small to large projects spanning from transportation, residential, commercial and industrial developments as well as linear corridors and geohazard work
- Provide senior technical review of geotechnical reports
- Mentor, coach and train less experienced professionals as required, encouraging growth and succession within the team
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Minimum of a Bachelordegree in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering from a recognized university. A post graduate degree in Geotechnical Engineering would be an asset.
- Professional Engineer in good standing with APEGNB, or the ability to obtain the professional designation
- Minimum of 15years’ experience in geotechnical consulting
- Proven track record in developing and sustaining client relationships
- Understanding of multi-disciplinary design teams with experience of collaborating across projects
- Northern and Westernexperience is also considered an asset
- An individual with a good business acumen and strong client management experience
- A self-starter who is innovative and enjoys working in a team environment
Job ID 31616