BoomTown is looking for an Associate DevOps Engineer with a passion for cloud computing, infrastructure as code and maintaining highly available web applications. The DevOps Engineer will work closely with our software development team in Charleston, SC to ensure developers have the deployment tools needed to ship code withease.
The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for helping further the automation of the building, deployment, and monitoring of all production systems and applications as well as supporting the software development environment.
We are looking for an individual who is comfortable working in a 24/7 production environment. The DevOps Engineer will be a member of a small and critical technical operations team.
- Assist in designing, provisioning, maintaining, and scaling custom solutions for deployments, monitoring, orchestration, and provisioning.
- Work closely with Amazon Web Services and Rackspace cloud environments.
- Analyze and resolve problems associated with key infrastructure components including servers, databases, CI tools, applications, and software.
- Partner with dev teams to provide operational environment expertise.
- Be responsible for maintaining highly performant, stable, and scalable environments.
- Intermediate programming/scripting language skills (Bash, Ruby, Python, Go, Powershell, etc.).
- Some knowledge of Linux/Unix (RHEL, Ubuntu, Amazon Linux) or Windows Server.
- Working knowledge of Subversion, BitBucket, Git or other version control tools.
- The ability to independently research solutions to technical issues.
- The ability to document technical solutions.
We'd be impressed if you had:
- Experience with orchestration and configuration management tools like Jenkins, Ansible Tower, Chef, Puppet.
- Experience with SQL (especially MS SQL Server), MongoDB, DynamoDB, Redshift, Cassandra.
- Experience with Microsoft .Net programming.
- Experience with networking, DNS, subnetting, load balancing.
- Knowledge of one or more hypervisor products (VMware ESX, Xen, HyperV, etc.).