SummaryThe Packaging Equipment Engineer provides high quality engineering services to support the short and long term needs of the company. The Packaging Equipment Engineer supports all phases of the bid process, customer projects, capital projects and packaging process activities and does so in a timely and cost effective manner. The Packaging Equipment Engineer will coordinate the services of both internal and external engineering, technical groups and vendors for the division. The services provided will utilize superior technology and techniques to achieve high standards of quality and efficiency
1. Support capital projects and Project Engineers during capital projects with safety inspections, staff training, determining operating requirements and writing procedures, equipment installation and Qualification.
2. Requires the full use and application of standard engineering principles.
3. Provide quotes/costs for equipment and change parts for new business.
4. Provide bid information for Commercial Operations for new business.
5. Assist project teams with start up of new products.
6. Assist with customer site visits and provide Packaging expertise as needed.
7. Design, purchase and test bottle, blister and pouch tooling/changeparts for projects.
8. Plan for future equipment needs for Packaging by proposing capital projects for funding and providing all details/costs/justification as needed.
9. Maintain high level of knowledge of Packaging equipment, technologies and future trends.
10. Establish equipment requirements, selection, and modifications to allow for new and improved packaging processes and to meet packaging processing and technology changes.
11. Identify, select, and optimize packaging process alternatives to improve quality, yield, cycle time, and cost.
12. Facilitate in-house training programs specific to the interfacing of the user with the equipment and to provide understanding the basic principles of processes and technologies.
13. Ensure all cGMPs, safety practices, applicable codes, engineering standards, laws and insurance requirements are met in the design, construction, start up and qualification of projects.
14. It is the responsibility of each employee to work in a safe and responsible manner in order to create an injury-free and incident-free workplace.
-BS in Engineering or production related discipline PLUS five years relevant experience
- Diversified knowledge of Packaging operations and Packaging equipment.
-Experience managing projects in excess of $500k
-Must be willing to respond to all types of emergencies and spend overtime hours in monitoring scheduled work.