Our organization is seeking a skilled Engineer Sr. to join our Engineering Services group, located in Tulsa, OK at corporate headquarters. The role will interact with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), standards authors, and content owners within and outside of the Engineering & Construction Standards team to consolidate, develop, and maintain standards to improve their clarity, conciseness, and adherence to industry standards, regulations, and internal guidance on style and format.
- Perform research and studies related to the development of white papers and written guidance related to engineering and construction standards.
- Consolidate, develop and maintain organization-wide written standards, standard drawings, specifications, procedures, forms, bulletins, and policies.
- Explain difficult issues and work to build consensus with internal/external customers, vendors, or regulatory organizations.
- Make decisions within guidelines, philosophies, and polices that impact engineering, construction, and operations activities.
- Advanced written and verbal English communication, proofreading, and grammatical skills.
- Ability to quickly grasp project standard concepts and translate them into clear, easy-to-understand content.
- Advanced ability to utilize Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher)
- Must be detail orientated with the ability to work individually, and within a team environment.
- Integrity, Values, and Trust – Instills confidence of one’s intentions and positively represents the organization by being responsible and trustworthy.
- Drives for Results – Is motivated and determined to achieve objectives while working in compliance.
- Communication – Exchanges thoughts and information clearly and concisely to ensure understanding of intended messages.
- Self-Knowledge- Personally explores and seeks feedback from others to understand talents, motivations, values, and development needs; utilizes understanding to improve performance and build relationships.
- Problem Solving- Uses a combination of logic, analysis, experience, wisdom, and methods, to make sound and timely decisions to solve problems.
A successful Candidate Will:
- Possess a Bachelor’s of Science Degree in engineering.
- Have advanced understanding of industry, operating, and engineering requirements and standards.
- Have 1+ years of experience writing/editing documentation within an engineering or technical focus.
- Have 8+ years’ natural gas midstream or transmission engineering, construction, and/or operations experience.
A successful Candidate May:
- Have 1+ years’ experience in the development and maintenance oil energy industry or oil and natural gas standards
- Have an PE Certification.