Nalco Champion, an Ecolab Company, has an immediate need for a Field Operations Manager II in our Delivery Systems group located in New Castle, DE. Will consider candidates in Philadelphia and South Jersey. If you are a passionate professional that likes to work in a hands-on environment, we invite you to apply. This is your opportunity to join a large growing company offering a competitive base salary and benefits.
You will be primarily responsible for working for our Supply Chain as a Field Operations Manager II, developing Customer Delivery Specialists, Group Leaders, Field Operations Supervisors, and Field Operations Managers by managing performance, quarterly coaching trips with documented goals, informal coaching and training as required to assure appropriate skill and knowledge for field personnel. This position will work closely with all sales professionals and sales managers to ensure proper alignment with their needs and goals.
- Candidate must demonstrate a strong safety leadership skills and be able to lead, coach and promote a safety culture that aligns with Nalco Champion’s “Goal Zero” expectations.
- Will be responsible for managing all operations supervisors and managers and operation activities in the Midwest that delivers the level of service needed to support the sales force and our customers.
- Ensure all operations are in full compliance of all federal, state and local Department ofTransportation safety standards as well as Responsible Care principals.
- Responsible for writing business plan for the region
- Coordinate the planning and execution of operational strategies and goals
- Establishes targets and goals for each Operations Supervisor and Manager in accordance to regional and supply chain targets
- Prepare periodic reports and regularly update DOT, safety compliance, operational spend and active pursuits to cut cost.
- Monitors the competition and reports actions and trends to sales and operation management teams
- Coach operations personnel in their development by identifying areas of growth opportunities, preparing various components such as reporting activity summaries and spend reports
- Involve Sales Professionals, Area Managers, District Managers, Region Managers and General Managers as appropriate
- Monitor all operations activities to ensure that they are in-line with sales initiatives, goals, and service level expectations.
- Participate in the recruiting process with the appropriate managers to assure appropriate levels of sales and service coverage within the district
- Create and report on monthly KPI’s to senior leadership
- Ensure that all direct reports are aligned to the Nalco Champion/Ecolab core values
- Create and manage operational budgets and submits requests for capital expenditures
- High school diploma/GED
- 10+ years of Operations and Distributionexperience
- Experience with KPI management, budget preparation and control
- Must be willing/able to travel
- No immigration sponsorship offered for this role.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of Management Experience in Industry
- Knowledge of route optimization
- Previous experience using Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) business software (i.e. SAP, AS400) and/or transportation software package(s).
- Process improvement experience, LEAN, Six Sigma, or LEANSix Sigma (or equivalent) certification
- Effective communication skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks all with an attention to fine detail
Job ID: 73967BR