The RN Nursing Manager II manages activities, workflow and nursing resources of assigned nursing unit(s).
- Ensures compliance with regulatory and accreditation requirements.
- Conducts hiring, training, directing, development and evaluating of staff.
- Identifies and resolves issues affecting the delivery of patient care services for the assigned unit(s). Develops and implements policies and procedures to ensure efficient and effective delivery of health services in a unit.
- Monitors and adheres to budget. Approves or monitors expenditures, purchases and other actions to ensure compliance with budget guidelines.
- Implements the vision, mission, philosophy, core values, evidence based practice, and standards in assigned areas. Demonstrates commitment to continuous performance improvement.
- Consistently role models the 10 Leadership Principles. Holds associates accountable for relationship building behaviors with patients, families, physicians and colleagues.
- Responsible for the development and monitoring of Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) for department and Facility.
- Responsibilities may vary over time. Required to perform other duties as required for the efficiency and effectiveness of the department and job role.
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Bachelor's LevelDegree
- Graduation from an approved school of nursing. All managers hired after November 2006 must have a BSN by 2013. All nurse managers hired before2006 who do not have a BSN are exempt and Minimum of five years hospital experience as staff nurse during which time managerial/supervisor ability has been demonstrated. Must be knowledgeable and competent in current nursing principles and practices.
Job ID: 214426