With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
We are seeking to hire a Proposal Coordinator for our office in Halifax. The successful candidate will be responsible for responding to various tenders for public and private sector (civil engineering, environment, etc.) by ensuring the preparation and coordination of the submissions and other documents aimed at promoting Hatch. This person will be responsible for providing support to the writing and revision of the technical proposals.
- Coordinate and deliver proposals for the entire Halifax office and provide support to the team based in the Maritimes for their proposals;
- Plan and undertake the elaboration of proposals from the kick-off meeting until the final submission and do follow-ups;
- Take part in the writing and editing of documents by making sure to answer all the requirements of the tenders;
- Review the different types of requests for proposals in order to identify the needs of the clients and develop a proposal’s structure and content adapted to meet the needs and take an active role to ensure compliance with client requirements;
- Coordinate the activities surrounding the production of proposals including the review and control of the quality of the proposals, printing and delivery;
- Participate in the maintenance and updating of the elements to include in the proposals.
Collect the necessary information to develop a proposal with various collaborators and stakeholders throughout the process until final submission;
- Ensure the liaison, communication and the respect of the deadlines established between the stakeholders involved in each proposal;
- Conduct regular monitoring on various Internet sites (SEAO, Merx, etc.) to identify the potential offers and business opportunities for different Hatch teams;
- Answer multiple proposals at once;
- Ensure the digital archiving of all documents relating to proposals;
- Ensure the quality, consistency and coherence between all forms of communication;
- Maintain an updated database of our various projects and staff resumes;
- Provide support for graphical presentations of proposals and any other promotional material;
- Other related tasks.
- Hold a bachelor's degree in communication, business administration or a related field;
- At least 5years of experience
- Experience in technical writing;
- Experience in technical work in civil engineering, an asset;
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) in English and French are desired but not mandatory;
- Possess excellent knowledge of MS Office 2010 (Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Knowledge of graphic design software, including Adobe InDesign, an asset
- Have strong skills in technical writing and editing documents;
- Ability to liaise and monitor with the different parties involved in the process;
- Ability to develop a thorough understanding of the company's services;
- Ability to adopt the style and writing standards of the company;
- Be able to work under minimal supervision;
- Strong ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines;
- Demonstrate good time management skills and be able to adapt to change;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills in complex and changing environments.