We are looking for Quality Assurance Tester for our client in Malden, MA
Job Title: Quality Assurance Tester
Job Location: Malden, MA
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
“US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.”
- The software quality assurance tester will be responsible for all aspects of functional and performance testing for a web based software development project for the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.
- Manual and automated testing will be performed on the software to be developed.
- The successful candidatewill work with project team staff to define, develop, execute and automate test plans and test cases.
- The successful candidate will be self-motivated, goal oriented and able to work with a small development team under tight timeframes.
- The software quality assurance tester must be comfortable sharing knowledge and generally working to enrich the team's capabilities.
Specific Duties will include:
- Creating and documenting test plans, test scenarios, test cases and test scripts.
- Executing test cases and documenting test results.
- Developing test cases from use cases as well interviewing power users.
- Developing and running test automation scripts in a web services development environment.
- Testing the application using sound engineering practices and employing solid Source Code Management practices.
- Software black box and white box testing, load testing, and integrated systems testing.
- Daily usage of the following tools: IBM Rational Team Concert, Microsoft Project Server and SharePoint, JAWS, as well as the IBM Rational Performance Tester and Functional Tester.
- Testing of database content and multiple interfaces, include SOA and Web Services.
- May be required to be available for stand by duty and, if necessary, overtime hours to resolve critical system problems and/or perform production system maintenance as well as to respond to emergencies.
- 5+ years of experience as a software quality assurance specialist.
- At least 1 year of experience with web services APIs and complex data structures.
- Extensive manual testing experience.
- Testing experience in different web browsers on various operating systems.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills and a strong testing aptitude.
- Experience testing databases and knowledge of basic SQL queries.
- Strong knowledge of software quality assurance practices.
- Project life cycle experience in a structured development methodology.
- Excellent communication & documentation skills.
- Experience working on web applications for public release.
- Hands-on testing experience with web services and SOA interfaces.
- Experience in testing and evaluating vendor-supplied software.
- Experience dealing with performance bottlenecks and experience with performance analysis.
- Ability to write complex SQL queries and development experience would be a plus.
- At least 1 year of experience with COTS testing tools such as Silk, RFT, QTP, Selenium or Loadrunner.
- Experience related to educational standards, curriculum frameworks and teaching applications would be a plus.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree with a major in software engineering, computer science, or a related field.
- Proven track record working on large-scale projects with diverse stakeholders and with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to adjust to changing situations to address emergencies, program changes, or production requirements.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and use discretion in handling confidential information.