Sr. Brand Activation Manager - Food Division
The Senior Brand Activation Manager is accountable for bringing the brand to life across all communication touch points, managing the consumer promotions efforts and managing the integrated planning process. The Senior Brand Activation Manager works collaboratively with the brand team to develop the strategy and then leads the execution and measurement of integrated marketing programs, including budget management and ROI. This role also heavily collaborates with the Trade Strategy department to provide the Activation Strategy that drives POS and retail activity. This role manages internal and external resources and works with brand, trade, sales and marketing services experts in achieving objectives.
- Recommends clear objectives for brand communication and a vision for short and long-term success.
- Recommends key A&P budget elements. Executes brand communications across the portfolio with purposeful differentiation and reapplication based on brand and category strategies.
- Amplifies innovation in the marketplace through activation plans through pre-shop, in-store and post-shop activation tactics
- Familiar with test and learn opportunities within communication vehicles to find leverage points for scale and impact.
- Activates brand activities in accordance with the brand identity and guidelines process i.e. consumer promotion materials, POS signage, public relations materials, email, social media, etc.
- Ensures marketing communications and marketing adaptations are on-strategy and consistent.
- Uses POS Data and Shopper research to develop and optimize activation plans.
- Partners with brand and CMI to recommend tactical research and measurement plans to inform activation strategies.
- Tracks brand metrics and ensures activation activity is aligned to metrics; takes corrective action when necessary.
- Turns brand communication campaigns into retailer-specific marketing plans.
- Lead projects, process, and relationships that connect brand and field teams together to ensure Shopper Marketing programs are built at the intersection of brand strategy, retailer priorities, and shopper insights.
- Leads all planning and creative coordination across Shopper Marketing function.
- Owns Shopper Marketing plan from strategy to execution. Creates programs that help our retailers drive traffic, loyalty, conversion and basket size.
- Establishes methodology to evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of promotional activities and programs.
- Defines promotion strategies that incorporate brand objectives, targeted consumers, and measurements.
- Participates in the development of annual consumer promotion and shopper marketing plans.
- Measures and analyzes ROI of consumer promotions and shopper marketing programs and recommends improvements.
- Manages the consumer promotion and trade promotion budgets.
Project and Process Management
- Serves as the key liaison between global marketing, trademarketing, trade strategy, and digitalmarketing teams.
- Oversees project timelines, deliverables and approval processes.
- Measures and analyzes ROI of marketing programs and recommends improvements.
Agency / Supplier Management
- Assigns projects to agency partners, using clear and effective creative briefs.
- Coordinates and participates in agency and internal reviews.
- Completes ROI analysis on projects and recommends changes to strategy as needed.
- Works collaboratively with finance to communicate drivers of and changes in budget. Manages budget on a monthly basis.
Organization Role and Talent Management
- 1-2 direct reports
- Assists in the recruiting process and participates in interviews and recruiting events
- Completes MAP/Mid-year review process for self and direct reports
- Establishes clear SMART objectives and assign clear projects/tasks
- Coaches/Develops direct report’s skills and competencies
- Collaborates with other brand activation teams to share best practices regionally or globally
- Complies with all company processes and makes recommendations to streamline and simplify brand and business processes if/where applicable
- Uses appropriate decision-making and approval processes in a timely manner
- Four-year College/University degree. MBA is a plus.
- 5+ years of marketingexperience
- Track record of managing/developing people
- Demonstrated ability to translate marketing objectives into strategies and plans. Proven success in executing a comprehensive marketing plan that is integrated across multiple consumer touch points, including at point-of-purchase.
- Experience launching new products from concept stage through commercialization and in-market success
- Strong communication skills, written and oral
- Astute budget management skills
- Knowledge of the retaillandscape and experience developing Shopper Marketing plans
- Strong executional background
- Proven track record of leading cross-functional teams and people management
- Cross-functional brand, sales, channel management, or consumer insights experiencepreferred
Job ID 1704722