IT Business Analyst
Job ID 2017-1445 Job Locations US-IL-Milan
Category Information TechnologyDivision Corporate
More information about this job
Group O is searching for an IT Business Analyst to join our team! The IT Business Analyst acts as liaison between Business Units and the IT Department; works on business case development in support of IT projects; develops business requirements documentation; identifies business requirements with end users; business process development; leads UAT (User Acceptance Testing) script development, assists with testing and sign-off.
- Act as a strategic partner between the business community and IT development teams to resolve functional and technical issues related to business applications, to troubleshoot data or transaction issues within the context of projects; promote use and acceptance of project methodology and documentation standards.
- Conduct interviews and perform analysis to create business cases for IT projects.
- Lead and manage the requirements gathering and analysis process on several concurrent projects by planning, scheduling, estimating, and communicating all requirements activities with the project team and stakeholders.
- Collaborate with business community and project sponsors to identify and document business requirements; translate to detailed functional specifications.
- Analyze and model workflows, processes, current and future states, and requirements, recommending process improvement where appropriate.
- Ensure all required documentation and formal stakeholder approvals are complete.
- Contribute extensively to project charters, project plans and schedules in collaboration with project managers, sponsors, and business team members.
- Support project management by assisting with development effort estimates, resource management, gap analysis, implementation configuration, scope control, testing, training and end-user support, according to project methodology.
- Work with business community to document functional test scenarios, test plans, and end-user acceptance testing criteria.
- Participate in technical design sessions, working with technical resources, to provide insight during solution development; identify and communicate project risks and recommend solutions.
- Communicate and collaborate with on and offshore development teams.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Leadership and meeting facilitation skills.
- Ability to translate business requirements into high-level and detailed functional specifications.
- Demonstrated success in leading a team, with both functional and technical resources, to address cross-functional issues.
- 3 years experience in a Business Analyst or Project Management capacity
- Bachelor's degree in Business or IT discipline (IT preferred) or equivalent work experience.