Advisor, Category Management
The Advisor, Category Mgmt reports to the Director of Clinical Category Management. This individual will be responsible for executing a comprehensive category management plan to deliver the highest value through total cost ownership. The Category Manager will be responsible for collaborating with the Department Director to evaluate, align and manage the distribution priorities for respective categories. This individual is responsible for leading procurement sourcing activities in their assigned categories. This individual will provide support for both strategic direction and tactical implementation of supply chain categories.
- Review volumes for opportunities for future negotiations, and perform pricing validation to ensure compliance.
- Support and execution of supply chain initiatives and coordinate with materials management, end users, and others as necessary.
- Conduct supplier analysis, evaluate potential suppliers, and manage the overall supplier qualification process.
- Analyze spending and develop optimization strategies.
- Identification and reporting of cost savings and cost avoidance
- Compile and organize large amounts of data to support sourcing initiatives.
- Monitor and analyze existing contracts.
- Plans, designs, executes and manages strategic sourcing activities with suppliers for various categories.
- Actively participate in the negotiation of agreements.
- BA/BS in Business, Finance or Supply Chain Management, Master’s degreepreferred
- 5+ years’ relevant experience, Healthcare environment preferred
- Professional Certifications (CPSM or equivalent) a plus
- Experience in Lean, Six Sigma, Project Management and Change Management preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint required
- Excellent communication skills and a high degree of comfort presenting to an executive level audience
- High degree of customer service focus
- High degree of comfort performing in an evolving environment
- Strong analytical skills, creative problem solver with a high degree of initiative
- Strong procurement, sourcing and negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills requiring the ability to resolve conflicting interests with the goal of obtaining cooperation
- Comprehensive proficiency of Microsoft office applications, specifically Excel, PowerPoint, Word