As a Construction Project Officer, you will manage multiple construction trades, budgets, administration, change orders, review contractor payments and operations in all phases of assigned school construction projects from initial conception through completion.
- 10-15years of experience in construction project management.
- Experience with school construction/educational buildings preferred.
- Ability to provide overall administration and coordination of design and construction activities of both smaller rehabilitative and more complex and/or high visibility construction.
- Able to ensure the quality and high standards of performance and compliance in both design and construction.
- Experience interfacing with contractors, construction managers, local school personnel and Senior Construction Managers on project issues as well as working with architects/engineers of record regarding change orders and interpretation of contract documents, drawings, submittals/approvals and any other issues that may arise.
- Can use independent judgment to make on-site change order decisions and have the experience to negotiate with contractors.
- Bachelor's degree with experience in construction and design related field required.
- Prior constructionexperience in the schools/educational facilities sector highly desired.
- A valid NYS driver license.
- Proficiency in MS Word/Excel and Outlook.