Manager, Financial Reporting
Less than 5 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
Headquartered in Windsor, CT and with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia, and Australia, SS&C provides the global financial services industry with a broad range of highly specialized software, software enabled-services and software as a service (SaaS) solutions for operational excellence. We deliver mission-critical processing for information management, analysis, trading, accounting, reporting and compliance. Our clients manage, in aggregate, over $16 trillion in assets.
The Manager reports to the Senior Manager, Financial Reporting and is responsible for overseeing/taking a lead on preparation of financial statements (with footnote disclosures) for multiple clients in accordance with U.S. GAAP, IFRS and ASPE, as well as coordinating audits of clients’ financial statements.
- Oversees/takes a lead on preparation of complete sets of financial statements, including footnote disclosures, for multiple clients (unregistered U.S. and Canadian based investment companies) in compliance with U.S. GAAP, IFRS and ASPE;
- Coordinates client audits with respect to financial statements (establishes timeline, ensures timely completion of financial statement preparation engagements, interacts with clients and their auditors to address inquiries related to financial statements);
- Supervises staff (monitors staff progress on engagement completion, provides technical guidance, addresses staff questions).
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting is a must, accounting designation is an asset;
- 3 + years of experience preparing financial statements for investment companies; public accounting experience and preparation of financial statements for financial institutions is an asset;
- Strong technical knowledge of U.S. GAAP as it applies to investment companies and/or working technical knowledge of IFRS and ASPE;
- Experience preparing financial statements footnote disclosures, including familiarity with technical accounting language and best practices in preparation of financial statements;
- Experience leading a team and supervising staff;
- Ability to review calculations prepared by staff members and provide constructive feedback;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to perform highly detailed work;
- Ability to work under intensive deadlines and handle competing priorities;
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Word skills.
- An extensive health benefit program
- Generous training allowance program
- Business casual work environment
- RRSP Matching Program