Under the general direction of a Program Director isresponsible for the leadership and directing of a medium complexity program, which often requires considerable resources and high levels of functional integration. Interfaces with all stakeholders affected by the program including end users and cross functional teams.
- Creates and maintains appropriate program documentation (e.g. charter, roadmap, benefits map, etc) to meet business goals and program objectives
- Coordinates with partners/end users to deliver value to business through opportunity identification, solution delivery, and ongoing support
- Responsible for program budget estimation, monitoring, and attainment.
- Communicates and sets expectations across divisions, functions, 3rd party vendors, consulting partners, project teams, and stakeholders depending on program needs.
- Creates and maintains a program risk assessment to ensure program risks are identified and closed.
- Responsible for portfolio resource planning including work load allocation and capacity planning to help determine project sequencing in the program
- Will work with constituent Project Managers or Associates to monitor cost, schedule, and technical performance of component projects and operations, while working to ensure the ultimate success of the organization’s business objectives.
- Assess trade-offs for changes to project scope, schedule, and costs that impact the program and related projects
- Responsible to improve team performance by building team cohesiveness, leading, influencing, training, mentoring and motivating in order to facilitate cooperation, ensure efficiency, and boost morale
- Acts as an escalation point; drives collaboration with program and project team members to resolve conflicts, project issues, and deviations and drives them to resolution.
- May be responsible for managing project managers and project personnel, as well as lead indirect resources
B.A. or B.S.degree (emphasis in management or related disciplinepreferred)
- Demonstrated versatility and a willingness to manage and lead a team through change and ambiguity
- Excellent interpersonal communication, collaborative team work, conflict management, and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated experience in building trusting relationships with mid-level management and presenting proposals to executives
- Ability to generate and explain opportunity analysis and value assessments accurately.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor, train, and develop direct and indirect team members
- Utilize proper software to maintain program records, such as a PPM system, MS Office, Sharepoint, or Visio
- 10+ years demonstrated project management experience in at least one discipline (Finance, Procurement, IT, R&D, Ops, etc.)
- New product development project management preferred
- Master’s degree or equivalent is preferred
- PMP certification is a plus