Senior Financial Analyst I’s (SFAs) report directly to Managing Director - Financial Analyst Managers (FAMs) within our Customer Relationship Team (CRT).
SFAs are responsible for complete underwriting of complex new requests and servicing actions, such as renewals, Annual Reviews, partial releases, and covenant monitoring for relationship exposure up to and exceeding $30M.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Analyze & assess the (potential) client’s credit & operational risk using multiple sources of information (e.g., customer’s credit and operating risks, current and historical financial statements, cash flows, tax returns, and financial trend analyses).
- Accompany Relationship Manager (RM), when requested, on customer farm visits/evaluations.
- Contribute to a full understanding of the client’s business.
- Recommend the structure of credit products based on RAF’s policies through thorough analysis.
- Assist the RM in all aspects of managing their portfolio.
- Work effectively within the Customer Team (e.g., Credit Officer, RM, and Customer Relationship Specialist) to meet customer expectations.
- Execute various (financial/administrative) servicing activities (e.g., partial release, modifications, assumptions).
- Monitor loan compliance (e.g., covenant compliance, delinquencies).
- Assist in the analysis and preparation of annual reviews and loan strategy reports.
- Discuss and propose solutions on how to serve clients optimally.
- Support RM(s) in growing their portfolios.
- Stay abreast of relevant developments in the market.
STAKEHOLDER & BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
- Manage & liaise with all stakeholders of the RAF Team (e.g. CRT, Loan Support, Credit Dept., and Client) with respect to loan compliance, loan servicing and the support process.
- Complete all mandatory training within a timely basis, as instructed.
- Comply with code of conduct & Bank policies/procedures.
- Actively identify incidents outside of established policies & procedures and report to management immediately.
- Familiar with & comply with laws, regulations, and internal policies & procedures that are applicable to required job duties.
- Understand & comply with all RAF & Rabobank anti-money laundering (AML), compliance, and all other applicable laws, including, but not limited to, the completion of all required AML & Sanctions training.
- CULTURE & VALUES
- Actively & consistently demonstrate RAF’s Eight Cultural Practices.
- Assist with other duties & tasks assigned by manager.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of short- and long-term agricultural credit
- Skilled in financial spreading
- Skilled in written, and oral communications
- Skilled in written and oral comprehension
- Skilled in forecasting and stress testing
- Skilled in risk analysis and interpretation
- Skilled in face-to-face or telephonic customer presentations
- Skilled in MS Office Suite and Internet Explorer
- Skilled in social interaction
- Skilled in time management
- Ability to make good judgment
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-7 years of experience
Reference Number RAF00730