Vishay Intertechnology, a global industry leader in the manufacturing of discrete semiconductors and passive electronic components for applications in industrial, communications, transportation, consumer, medical, and defense products is currently seeking a Field Applications Engineer for business development in the Denver, Phoenix or Dallas area.
In this position, the FAE will be responsible for first line technical and application support for assigned customers and market segment(s), understanding customer requirements to offer circuit and system solutions, and increased design-in of products by application. This includes interaction with the respective business units (BU) concerning new product development and roadmap alignment with the focus by accounts and application. This position will provide management support to the sales representatives, requiring travel as needed. Additional responsibilities include assistance with shows and seminars, competitive benchmarking, design communication and application notes.
Primary focus will be on supporting customer’s design activities in power products as well as operating as a consultant for system level designs. This role will work with distributors and customers in multiple markets with applications spanning from Industrial to consumer. This position will be based in the Denver, Dallas or Phoenix Area.
Activities include, but are not limited to:
• Understanding and disseminating customers' system needs versus wants
• Training customers on Vishay's solutions and products
• Developing and maintain relationships with key customers
• Developing and maintaining relationships with key product lines' management, marketing, and application
• Proposing and developing system solutions for customers
• Developing and proposing new products to product lines to fill customers' needs.
• Training product lines, sales, and applications on system requirements
Travel will be approximately 50%.
Bachelor of Science in ElectricalEngineering (BSEE).
• 1-3 years’ experience in product development, design and/or field applications engineering or equivalent
Skills / Certifications
• Microsoft Office proficiency and solid p.c. skills.
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Power, analog and mixed signal circuit applications/design at the board/system level.
• Good organizational skills and the ability to multi-task between multiple projects and set priorities
• Team focus
• Capability to present to and work with all levels of management, sales, and engineering
• Ability to coach/teach/help others with design issues
• Good lab measurement and debug skills
• Ability to deliver convincing presentations
• Regional travel (within territory) 25-50%