Why TD Ameritrade?
TD Ameritrade is an industry leading innovator in financial services technology. We help our clients invest in their dreams, while we invest in our associates. Our success is directly related to the ideas, innovation, passion and skill of our people. Come make a difference at TD Ameritrade!
Committed. Our commitment to building an engaging and interesting culture where our people can continually learn and grow is one of our highest priorities.
Approachable. Ideas come from every associate at every level. We take the time to really listen to developer’s ideas no matter your title or position.
Casual. Business casual dress code. Open and collaborative work spaces. Fun social and community related activities and events. Work-life balance.
Technologically Advanced. Mobile. Modern Web. Flexible APIs. Streaming Solutions. Social Media. Continuous Software Delivery.
Results Oriented. Agile. Product Driven. Quarterly bonuses. Career Advancement.
Buying 100 shares of your favorite stock takes only a few clicks in a browser. But have you ever wondered what goes on behind the scenes; about the hundreds of decisions and network conversations that occur in order to complete that transaction? Would you like to find out? The Senior Software Developer is responsible for creating and maintaining our high transaction, low latency trading system developed in Java. We are looking for a highly motivated technician who wants to make an impact.
- Collaborate with peers and stakeholders to add or update system functionality
- Interpret business requirements and programming specifications.
- Develop and maintain Server Side JAVA Middle Office applications that handle core business logic related TD Ameritrade’s trading systems.
- 4 Year College Degree; Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience
- 3+ years Java development
- 1+ Relational Database SQL and JDBC (Oracle preferred)
- Demonstrated experience working on core business logic within applications
- 1+ years concurrent programming in Java
- 1+ years Spring framework
- 1+ years utilizing an ORM (MyBatis preferred)
- 3+ years Object Oriented Development
- 1+ years source control system (GIT preferred)
- Experience in Unix or Linux environments
- Experience with High-Volume, low latency, real-time, On-Line Transaction Processing
- Experience with Oracle Coherence
- Knowledge of business logic related to the brokerage industry and financial calculations
- Familiarity and experience with Gang of Four Design patterns
- Familiarity with development tools such as: JIRA, IntelliJ IDEA, Jenkins, Bitbucket, Confluence, Sonar, JUnit, Gradle and Splunk
- Agile team experience
- Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of civilian requirements listed