The Clinical Nursing Manager is responsible for developing and implementing the hospital and nursing initiatives and strategies to ensure that quality patient care is provided in a cost-effective manner. Role is responsible for strategic planning, business development, physician relations, market share growth, and operational oversight for a broad portfolio of services. Department responsibilities include Surgery, Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU), Anesthesia Operations, Central Sterile Supply.
- Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required
- 5-6 year’s Operating Room nursing experience
- Management experience preferred
- Advanced budget development
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Effective communication and team-building skills across departments and disciplines
- Related healthcare provider certification with advanced degree status.
- Resiliency and flexibility to deal with a changing environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal/external customers
- May be exposed to hazardous materials and life-threatening diseases.
- Responsible for organizing, planning, and directing the clinical and administrative operations within Surgical Services in accordance with Advocate vision and mission.
- Responsible for budget management and performance and fiscal oversight of all areas of responsibility.
- Development and direction of the performance of areas of responsibility in compliance with the standards required by Advocate Health Care, accreditation agencies and clinical practice.
- Participate in Advocate Condell strategic planning and business development initiatives.
- Evaluation of existing programs and services or development of new programs and services, in conjunction with the medical staff to meet the needs of identified patient populations within the mission, vision and overall strategic plan of the organization.
- Participates in the development of staff and volunteers in the performance of their accountabilities so that optimal patient care is achieved.
- Directs Surgery, Anesthesia, PACU and Central sterilization departments by budget/financial management, operational efficiency model implementation, vendor management, and department management support.