Working together with the Cancer Services Medical Director, the Executive Director will:
- Provide management oversight of and coordinate day-to-day operations for PCI Hematology and Oncology (including infusion services), the Nassif Community Cancer Center, and St. Luke’s Cancer Care (including the Nassif Radiation Therapy Center, Breast and Bone, and related services).
- Coordinate multi-disciplinary care, including but not limited to cancer care treatment plans & protocols for all cancer services.
- Coordinate professional recruitment of new cancer physicians and specialties.
- Develop comprehensive business and marketing strategies.
- Develops and maintains collaborative working relationship with physicians to ensure strategic plans and medical staff planning activities are coordinated.
- Consults with Medical Director for strategic planning and business development opportunities.
- Provides overall mentorship and direction in all cancer care efforts.
- Develops and implements oncology-specific strategic business plan that will result in the following:
- Increase in volumes, market share, and/or revenue
- Increase clinical quality and service excellence
- Engagement of physicians and staff
- Creates and expands services and programs based on needs of service area population.
- Prioritizes clinical and operational efficiency improvement initiatives.
- Actively participates in all assigned committee activities.
- Be an ambassador and advocate for cancer services with community leaders.
- Establishes a work environment with a strong team.
- Responsive to changing trends in healthcare with a focus on putting the patient first.
Patient Care Standards
- Monitors and controls patient care activities through ongoing systematic review of practices, problem identification, implementation of appropriate interventions and evaluation.
- Ensures seamless cancer service access within the PCI Medical Pavilion.
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory and certification objectives.
- Evaluates and coordinates with appropriate leaders and physicians on new technologies, market differentiation, research opportunities, and delivery of care.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
- Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
- Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
- Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
- Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
- Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
- Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
- Bachelor's degree required, Masters degree preferred
- Five years of management experience in an oncology service line. Extensive experience in management and direction of personnel, development and formulation of programs, goals and abjectives
- Comprehensive knowledge of all aspects related to departmental operations and techniques
- Financial knowledge and strong communication skills
- Strong leadership and decision making skills
- Critical thinking skills using independent judgement in making decisions
Requisition ID 2017-37969