Responsibilities include providing leadership and guidance to a group of up to 12 Engineers and Technicians, in support of Harris’s business objectives.
A Group Leader is required to perform the following department leadership tasks and activities:
- Manpower planning and forecasting
- Job and task assignments
- Establishing group and individual objectives, and providing regular, constructive feedback
- Employee Engagement
- Staff development, training, and mentoring
- Recruiting, developing, and retaining a high performing diverse workforce
- Expense and capital budgeting / management
- Safety and workplace environment management
The Group Leader will complete performance reviews of staff engineers and will be responsible for determining and justifying merit increases, grade level advancements, rewards, and for implementing individual improvement plans as required. An effective Group Leader will ensure regular communication with group members and management, resulting in an environment that fosters open dialog and high employee engagement.
In addition to the above responsibilities, the group leader will be required to participate in tasks related to systems engineering including some, or all of the following:
- Perform requirements generation, technical planning, system integration, system testing - verification and validation of system performance
- Ensure the logical and systemic development of legacy and future customer requirements into a total systems solution that acknowledges technical, schedule, and cost constraints
- Perform functional analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer subsystem requirements into hardware and software specifications
- Provide guidance to other team members to ensure a FFFI (Form Fit Function and Interface) design that meets systems requirements
- Cost and Risk and Supportability and Effectiveness analyses for total systems (concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance & disposal)
- Work in a highly dynamic hardware, software and firmware development and integration lab
- Work closely with external customers to create a legacy compliant solution while providing growth paths for future enhancements
- BS in ElectricalEngineering, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering or other related field
- 5+ years leading teams of 5+ engineers, managing their efforts including budget and scheduling of activities
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Project
- Experience with RF test and measurement equipment (i.e. Spectrum analyzer, Network Analyzer, Signal Generators, Oscilloscope, Logic Analyzer, etc.)
- Technical principles, theories and concepts of complex RF receivers, signal generators and antenna interface and operational principles
- Basic understanding of Software components including firmware, operating systems, drivers, applications and other computing system software
- Basic understanding of hardware components including electrical equipment, digital processing hardware (ASIC, CPLD, FPGA), circuit boards, microprocessor systems, computer system architectures and interfaces
- Understanding of DoD Military Standards and Processes (i.e. MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-461, etc.)
- Ability to obtain Secret Clearance is required.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Advanced degree is a plus
- Ability to coach, mentor and build relationships
- Self-starter; problem solver; customer focus
- Knowledge of embedded processors and digital hardware is desired
- Understanding of the Systems Engineering requirements of DoD Directive 5000.01 Defense Acquisition System is desired
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in airborne electronic warfare domain is desired
- High expectations for sustained excellence for self and team members
- Active Secret Clearance strongly preferred
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government securityinvestigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Job ID: ES20172010-21527