Senior Tax Analyst
As a Senior Tax Analyst at ProQuest, you will manage all aspects of accounting for income tax, including calculation of the global current and deferred tax provision, determining FIN 48audit reserve needs, financial statement audit substantiation, and preparation of the tax footnote and othertax-related financial statement disclosures. You will also assist with tax planning and research, tax compliance, and audit defense. Collaborating across the business, our Tax team works to limit tax liabilities and ensure compliance with global taxlaws and US GAAP. Proactively preventing or correcting compliance issues is a key focus of our tax team. You won't be preparing tax forms, but you will be preparing journal entries, account reconciliations, and monitoring global tax accounts for material and unusual activity. Having strong verbal and written communication skills and knowing your audience (technical or non-technical) will be critical to your success and that of the business.
Our tax team enjoys a good work/life balance and has the opportunity to grow and learn. If you've been looking for the opportunity to work on international tax in a friendly, inviting and nurturing environment, then this is exactly what you've been looking for!
Additional Respnsibilities Include...
- Assists Tax Director in preparing quarterly and annual effective tax rate models.
- Prepares and reviews account reconciliations for income tax and indirect tax accounts, as needed.
- Assists in identifying, documenting, implementing, and accounting for changes in transfer pricing policies.
- Resolves tax notices.
- Provides tax accounting support to financial statement auditors.
- Assists outside consultants with preparation and review of income tax returns.
- Assists with international income tax and indirect tax compliance, as needed.
This position might be a great fit for you if...
- You love all things tax. ProQuest is a subsidiary and has a foreign tax subsidiary and this is just a preview of some of the complexities that you will face.
- You yearn to get more exposure to international tax and to develop a broad base of expertise.
- You want the chance to take on progessively more responsibilities and work on transfer pricing.
- You're even-keeled and enjoy working with like-minded folks.
This might NOT be a good fit for you if...
- You're looking for an easy, straight-forward tax job.
- Transactional tax work is all that you've ever worked on and all that you ever WANT to work on.
- Tight deadlines and detail oriented work is stressful and "yucky".
Qualified Candidates MUST Have...
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in related field, plus at least 5 years’ related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in several areas of corporate tax (e.g. VAT, Property, Income, Billing, Sales, State and Local).
- Excellent researching and problem solving skills, including the ability to analyze, compare, evaluate, reconcile and order tax data.
- Desire to improve processes and work products.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to professionally interact with a diverse blend of personalities to reach resolution and maintain strong relationships.
- Capacity to learn and master new taxlaws and changes in US GAAP.
- Corporate TaxExperience
Superstar Candidates Will ALSO Have...
- Masters’ degree in Taxation.
- CPA designation.
- Experience in international tax and complex tax regulations.
- Experience in acquisition integration.
Other important information about this position:
- This position is typically based in the Ann Arbor ProQuest office location and is not appropriate for remote work.
- Occasional travel is required (Less than 5%)
- This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.