Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company's global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter's employees worldwide are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
The Renal Region Manager oversees the tactical/operational daily activities of the sales team in the region. Drives the implementation of team strategies to ensure the attainment of regionally focused objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, directs, and controls the sales and business activities for region through the translation of strategic plans into sales strategies to attain sales volume, product mix and profit objectives.
- Prepares annual regional forecasts and participates in the determination of market potential and in preparation of sales expense estimates for the region.
- Plans and manages the sales efforts of the region.
- Contacts major accounts to ensure customer satisfaction within assigned region.
- Directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales program.
- Confers with immediate superior and marketing personnel in the development of marketing policy, recommending product and product line revisions as well as pricing changes.
- Partners with sales support, marketing and R&D in activities such as sales promotion, training or market research in planning and executing special projects.
- Promotes the Baxter Culture through positive ongoing customer relations.
- Directs product simplification and standardization to eliminate unprofitable items from sales line.
- Partners with other departments within organization to prepare manuals and technical publications.
Qualifications for this role
- Candidate must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral, as well as negotiation and presentation skills.
- Position requires ability to analyze and interpret data for effective sales strategies and good organization/time management skills.
- Ability to understand and adapt to customer changing needs is essential.
- Candidate must demonstrate business acumen and knowledge of sales processes as well as strong leadership and decision-making abilities.
- Travel is required and may involve visits to remote or urban areas either individually or with other personnel.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 7 years of demonstrated successful relevant healthcaresalesexperience. Advanced degreepreferred