CUSTOMER SUPPORT ENGINEER
Fastly’s goal of creating the best set of tools for people who scale the internet is rooted in great support. It's a core value, and something that shapes our culture. Fastly is looking for passionate support engineers to continue our high standard of support, as well scale and improve our support systems as we grow.
The ideal candidate should be a master of written voice, and have the technical curiosity and experience necessary to understand Fastly’s product from end to end. They’ll be working with our marketing, engineering, and sales teams on behalf of our customer base, so a passion for customer advocacy is essential. Also, no two support tickets at Fastly are alike, so support engineers will be dealing with a wide range of complex and rewarding problems on a daily basis.
- Assist with customer CDN configurations over email and chat
- Communicate customer needs and requirements with the engineering, product and sales teams
- Contribute to our customer facing documentation when necessary
- Contribute to the processes and policies that scale our support organization as we grow
- Strong written communication skills
- Familiarity with a *nix environment
- Familiarity with one or more programming languages
- Ability to debug connections using cURL, traceroute, telnet and othernetwork diagnostic tools
- Prior CDN, support, or sysadmin experience a plus