North Highland has a mantra: Unleash Potential Together. For our clients, it means we challenge thinking and build capabilities, so that after each engagement, they are left stronger and inspired to do more. With our colleagues, it means fostering an environment where bringing, shaping, growing and sharing ideas isn’t just encouraged—it’s expected. And within our communities, it means we give of our skills, time and passion to make them more prosperous.
At North Highland, Strategy Consulting helps our clients determine where they should go by designing customized strategies to generate in-year returns and drive innovation, while Management Consulting helps our clients determine how to get there with a focus on process design, change management and project prioritization. Our Delivery Consulting enables our clients to get where they are going by executing on key operational PM, BA, Product and Change Management initiatives.
Within our firm we have a growing competency called Delivery Consulting. This is the team that makes the motor run for our clients with an emphasis on execution work focused on implementing the critical work the client needs, not meeting sales targets for the firm. North Highland offers a wide range of Delivery Consulting work from a single role-based opportunity to delivering complex initiatives as part of larger team. We offer a competitive compensation model designed centered around earned-hour pay. The measurement of a Delivery Consultant’s work is based on the efficacy of the work-product they provide – it’s that simple – and they are able to create and grow their skills in the fields that interest them most. Delivery Consultants talk less and do more, using their talents – of ingenuity, divergent thinking and relentless determination – to build products and services that speak for themselves.
The Service Delivery Manager (SDM) is based at client site and has overall accountability for managing all of the components of the service as designed by the Service Architect in conjunction with the Client. The SDM plays the integral role in ensuring delivery excellence is achieved with respect to Client Delivery (performance, project and program deliverables) in addition to successful installation and management of the three core principles of Capability, Capacity and Community along with implementation of theassociated value adds. Keyresponsibilitiesincluded but are not limited to:
- Overall responsibility for managing the relationship between North Highland and its Clients
- Serve as Main point of contact for both the Client and the BA / PPM teams on Client site for all questions, concerns, escalation of risks and issue
- Liaise with Recruiting to report onsite demand, articulate talent demand
- Skilled in aligning right fit talent into the right role
- Recognize performance trends, manage risks and issues around it, address concerns, celebrate successes and manage shortcoming
- Coordinate and manage teams of BAs / PPMs ranging in size from a few to up to about 25
- Install, Operate and Manage an appropriate governance structure based on agreed upon KPIs and SLAs
- Manage the performance of the BAs / PPMs through effective induction, setting goals, establishing associated objectives, conducting engagement reviews
- Manage and deliver regular reporting to monitor work, progress to goal on performance and deliverable quality and measure and meet Service Level Agreements
- Develop and deliver appropriate training to the client BA / PPM team as part of North Highland’s commitment to building Capabilities
- Work with the BA / PPM team and client managers to drive team and community activities to build relationships and share knowledge
- Responsibility for the Quality Management elements of the NH Managed Services contract
- Recruitment of interim BA’s as appropriate
- Work with NH Managed Services clients' BA managers and senior team to identify further opportunities to support the client
- Managed Services clients' BA managers and senior team to identify further opportunities to support the client
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree from a 4 year accredited university
- 7+ years leading and managing Project/Program and/or Business Analyst teams
- Excellent Communication Skills (written and Oral)
- Proven delivery leader
- Experience and Comfort working in dynamic and frequently changing environments
- Ability to liaise with senior stakeholders
- Adept at establishing and maintaining an advisory role with Clients
- Experience working within a performance management framework and managing individual and overall team performance against it
- Skilled in Coaching and Mentoring
- Effective at utilizing and employing Active / Impact with Listening to derive suggestions and/or solutions
- Familiarity and exposure to understanding and managing complex project and program delivery
- Capability of working in either a business or a technology delivery environment (e.g. Waterfall and Agile methods)
- Identification and management of risks and issues
- Key drivers for SDM success in the role is the ability to manage, motivate, pioneer, lead, exercise diplomacy, influence and collaborate.