Center for Addictions
- Professional position responsible for direct patient care including patient assessment, development of a plan of care, and organizing and instituting such plan within a multi-disciplinary team approach for adult patients with an identified substance use disorder.
- CoxHealth's Center for Addictions is looking for an LCSW or LPC to come and be a part of our amazing team! This is an excellent opportunity to work with a highly experienced team of addiction professionals, including: counselors; social workers; nurses; and physicians. Addiction medicine is a rapidly growing and exciting field with professional growth potential. Additionally, this new counselor will have the opportunity to work in an outpatient setting working 10:30AM-9:00PM, Monday through Thursday - NO WEEKENDS OR MAJOR HOLIDAYS. PLPC and LMSW candidates are welcome to apply!
- Required: Master's Degree in Social Work, psychology, counseling, or related behavioral health field
- Required: One year previous experience in clinical setting working with substance use disorders patients
- Fundamental knowledge of addictions, community support systems, and varying treatment philosophies, combined with ability to teach and impart knowledge to others.
- Exceptional communication, and patient advocacy skills and approach.
- Required: Current Licensure as a Social Worker [LCSW], Licensed Professional Counselor [LPC], Psychologist [PHD] or provisional license with completed degree requirements of the previous.
- Preferred: Certification with State of Missouri as an Addictions Counselor.