This description is intended to indicate the essential responsibilities of the position. It is not intended to be all-inclusive nor does this limit management’s right and responsibility to determine work assignments, reassignments, priorities, etc.
Provide website and social media administration with primary support of online marketing and communications, e-commerce, customer service, business development, online community and social media, web workflows, user experience, reporting and analytics.
Direct Management Received:
Under the general Director, Marketing
Direct Management Exercised:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Serves as the primary contact connecting with designated Website vendor resources to troubleshoot issues and execute defined tactics. Create liaison relationships between IT resources and the vendors.
2. Acts as the expert regarding www.firstmerchants.com application. Provides website governance to ensure content compliance, following established procedures, Americans With Disabilities (ADA) Compliance Guidelines, and branding/style guidelines. Manages the separate ADA monitoring contract, providing documented quarterly updates.
3. Serves as the primary website and social media advocate, expert and stays abreast of best practices.
4. Owns and manages social media content, manages brand awareness and has oversight of the online reputation with the primary goal of driving engagement through the First Merchants website.
5. Evaluates emerging technologies, providing thought leadership and perspective for adoption. Will identify trends and insights.
6. Plans, manages and executes experiments and tests.
7. Collaborates with internal teams to optimize user experience across website, social media and other online applications.
8. Manages, evaluates and optimizes conversion and user funnels.
9. Responsible for monitoring and generating reports. Will provide on-going proactive learnings and optimization opportunities for team members by actively using Google Analytics and other analytical tools.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
In addition to the list below, it is understood that all positions with the company require individuals who possess a pleasant and friendly attitude, project sensitivity towards customers and fellow employees, and maintain a neat and clean professional appearance. Core competencies have been identified as relevant to every position within the company and include: Ethics and Integrity, Listening, Business Acumen, Customer Focus, Approachable and Savvy, Action Oriented, Managing Time & Priorities, Work/Life Balance, Composure & Patience, Drive for Results, Self Development & Knowledge, Dealing with Change, Decision Quality, and Informing.
(Verbal Communication and Written Communication)
• Listens, shows interest
• Demonstrates appropriate non-verbal skills and clarifies with questions and paraphrases
• Informs, encourages the exchange, access and sharing of information
• Modifies communication style appropriately
• Is able to write clearly and succinctly to get messages across to the intended receiver for the desired effect
• Makes good decisions using analysis, experience and judgment
• Most solutions are accurate when judged over time
• Sought out by others at First Merchants for advice and solutions
Managing Time & Priorities
• Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently
• Focuses efforts on important priorities
• Accomplishes more tasks and assignments in less time
• Can attend to several priorities at a time
• Eliminates roadblocks and stays focused
• Plans daily tasks so important work is accomplished
• Uses workplace tools, technology or personal methods to keep track of priorities and assignments
• Prioritizes and works on multiple tasks effectively while maintaining high quality work results
(Boss Relationships and Peer Relationships)
• Works well in cooperation with others for the benefit of the company
• Receives and carries out instruction in a positive manner
• Responds well to constructive critique from manager and peers
• Remains open to learning and coaching
• Viewed as a team player by being cooperative and collaborative
Work Hours FT M-F 8-5 Requirements Position Requirements:
Education - Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in marketing, business or related field
Experience - Over five (5) years of related marketing experience.
Excellent understanding of digital marketing including search engine marketing and social media
Fundamental knowledge of web development including HTML and CSS
Competence and experience with content management systems
Knowledge of web analytics tools and reporting. Strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving abilities, including the ability to turn data and insights into online marketing initiatives
Excellent copywriting/editing skills
Knowledge of Mobile and Responsive Design
Clear understanding of how social media channels work on mobile devices