Do you want to start testing and stop putting out fires? Do you want to write secure, quality code, and feel confident pushing it to production? Do you want to create features that benefit our customers?
These goals are attainable at PayJunction. We are currently seeking to add a few Sr. Software Engineers to our elite group of full stack developers.
Qualified candidates share our passion for computer science, are team-oriented, and have the confidence and skill to write quality code. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be a part of a group of developers who love what they do, challenge each other daily to improve and fully believe in our . Ideal candidates have worked "in the trenches" on a major SaaS offering, and have the experience needed to avoid common design and implementation pitfalls. Strong expertise in Java and Linux are requirements.
Our Sr. Software Engineer positions are full-time and on-site at our headquarters in Santa Barbara, CA.
At PayJunction you will:
- Work alongside our technical co-founders and a small but mighty team.
- Build web applications that are highly available, well tested and easily managed.
- Stop debugging (it sucks), start testing (it rocks).
- Take concept ideas from the design team to production.
- Oversee junior developers
An ideal candidate for this role:
- MUST be a strong Java programmer.
- MUST have a strong sense of Linux.
- Uses Git as a version control system.
- Has full stack experience with AngularJs powered by a java REST server.
- Experience with Karma and Selenium a plus.
- Has experience with automated testing and maintaining code over a long period of time.
- Takes the initiative to address issues and has the ability to solve problems to completion.
- Has the ability to assess the trade-offs between maintainability, complexity, development time and user experience.
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent. Master's degree in Computer Science is highly preferred.
- Experience with writing secure software and web security is a HUGE plus.
- Is a self-starter and a problem solver.
Let's revolutionize the payment space together!
Founded in 2000 by three UCSB graduates without a single dollar of outside investment, PayJunction has gone from bootstrapped to billions in processing. Initially profiting only pennies on every dollar, PayJunction, with a team of over 3,000 nationwide, now transacts over $3 billion dollars annually for tens of thousands of clients.
As the leading developer of paperless payment software, PayJunction has eliminated the need to file away paper receipts, ultimately increasing productivity and reducing costs for small and medium sized businesses, but more importantly, reducing the carbon footprint of an entire industry. PayJunction takes pride in its design and engineering. We believe computer science is an art; it just happens to be the brush we use to paint our product with innovation and effectiveness.
Our brand was built with a long-term vision, our goal is to be a generational tech company and our integrity is the foundation of our success. PayJunction values long-term relationships over short-term profit. The owners still head day-to-day operations for the company, and are as dedicated to fostering the culture as they are to developing the product. PayJunction is a place where you can refine your skills in a supportive environment where wellness and work-life balance aren’t just said, they’re practiced.
- Health, dental and vision paid 100%
- 401k with 6% match
- Large corporate HQ in downtown Santa Barbara, California
- Catered Friday lunches and stocked kitchen
- Free onsite fitness classes
- Game room complete with Xbox, pool table and corn hole
- Newly remodeled engineering wing
- An open work space with Herman Miller chair and multiple monitors
- Rooftop deck — great place for breaks in the sunshine
- We value long-term relationships over short-term profit.
- We are building something that will last longer than us.
- We are passionate about our work and inspired our the team.
- We create products that improve the lives of our customers.
- We build green technology that costs less than our prospective clients pay now.
- We are constantly innovating.