The Jewish Federation of Greater Indianapolis (JFGI) mobilizes the Jewish community and its human and financial resources to preserve and enhance Jewish life in Indianapolis, Israel and around the world. We are looking for a dynamic, engaging individual who is ready to take on the challenge of expanding and growing this critically important effort.
The Jewish Federation of Greater Indianapolis seeks a creative and dedicated leader for its new (ish) NEXTGen initiative. The ideal candidate will be passionate about creating connections that promote Jewish identity and engagement with members of the Jewish community within the ages of 22-45. Working closely with Development, Engagement and our Israeli emissary, the ideal candidate will have a passion for Jewish life in all of its guises, an entrepreneurial spirit and experience working with this target population. This full-time exempt position reports to the Director of Annual Campaign.
Our NEXTGen department was recently redefined and reorganized. Together with our innovative NEXTGen leadership, the future of this department will be influenced and expanded by the successful candidate. Goals will include:
- Develop initiatives, manage events and create programs designed to continuously engage members of the target populations, collaborating with our JFGI departments, community agencies and synagogues;
- Educate young Jewish adults in understanding the need for making a meaningful gift to the Annual Campaign;
- Develop and implement a campaign plan specifically for NEXTGen donors designed to increase revenue for the community;
- Work closely with team members to administer Leadership Development Programs for both Lay and Professional Jewish leaders;
- Develop and manage a process that identifies, educates and places young adults into appropriate leadership positions at JFGI and its affiliated agencies;
- Mentor, lead and supervise a team of volunteers;
- Promote Jewish learning and knowledge as important elements of Jewish leadership and provide for Jewish learning opportunities as part of the NEXTGen leadership development process;
- Partner with the Marketing department to create and implement a multi-pronged marketing campaign, including all aspects of social media, creative branding and design, and an interactive website;
- Participate and recruit participants for appropriate regional, national and international Federation and Young Leadership conferences and missions;
- Assist with general campaign and other Federation efforts as determined by the CEO.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required; advanced degreepreferred;
- Two-five years professional experience in one or more of the following areas: fundraising, event planning, project management, engagement or programming preferred;
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken;
- Ability to effectively use social media;
- Skills as a team player, yet ability to work independently;
- An engaging personality, a commitment to follow through and detail oriented;
- A strong commitment to the Jewish people, Israel, and knowledge of Jewish history and current events;
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
The work environment characteristics are representative of an office setting and is usually fast-paced with constant stimulation and mobility. This job requires high energy and interaction with staff, leadership and program participants; meetings and programs may be conducted outside of the office. Expectations are that the individual will present a professional appearance and behave in a professional manner at all times, particularly when interacting with program participants and donors. Physical demands are primarily limited to operating general office equipment and tasks associated with event and program planning.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + Advanced Degree Preferred and 3-5 years of experience.