The Senior Software Engineer-.Net is responsible for the design, development, support, and execution of applications and solutions that support internal and external Ardent markets and customers. This person will be responsible for understanding the core technical components of Ardent's applications, database, and interface architectures and developing solutions that drive increased productivity, engagement, and customer satisfaction. The position is also a critical contributor to the support of diverse applications across the Ardent enterprise spanning many technology platforms and serving all business units.
- Work as a SME within a BI/ETL Engineering team to architect, design, develop, and maintain database driven .Net applications involving complex source data which will be used to drive clinical and patient care decision making requiring the highest degree of quality and accuracy.
- Responsible for operational stability and tuning / management of developed applications and tools.
- Estimate projects and enhancements to existing or new interfaces as part of project portfolio initiation process.
- Monitor and recommend required upgrades and enhancements to applications and infrastructure components of supported applications.
- Participate in Ardent's future state data warehouse development and associated conversions of data from acquired facilities.
- Mentor otherdevelopers as required and act as an SME where required.
- Support Corporate / Divisional resources with functional support and modification / enhancement requests.
- Respond to service requests in line with established SLAs and turnaround times.
- On-call support for critical applications.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- 6+ years of experience with Visual Studio .NET technologies (MSDN, ASP, C#)
- 5+ years of relevant experience designing and developing interactive data driven applications.
- 3+ years of broad based experience with Windows O/S, TFS
- 3+ years of advanced experience with MS SQL Server development
- Proven track record of developing well-architected solutions that meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Team player with a can-do approach to solving complex technical problems
- Experience with all phases of the software development lifecycle (requirements gathering, design, development, testing, deployment, support).
- Ability to consult with business leaders directly through development of positive working relationships.
- Position requires a high degree of critical thinking along with the ability to be an innovative problem solver who works independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science
- 10+ years of experience as an application developer or software engineer (ideally with C#/ASP.NET)
- 7+ years of SQL Server database development experience
- 5+ years of SSIS / SSRS development experience
- Deep understanding and development of ETL processes, specifically with T-SQL (stored procedures, triggers, views)
- Experience with MSSharePoint development
- Experience with RUP, UML, OOAD, TOAD
- Familiarity with BizTalk integration services
- Understanding of Healthcare IT / HL7 data standards.