Director, IT Infrastructure
Lead the IT systems support and infrastructure team which includes the Systems Administration, Desktop Support, Technical Services, and Telecommunications groups.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct strategic short and long term planning for IT Infrastructure team including the systems administration, desktop support, technical services, and telecommunications functions. Set strategy, direction, policies, service level agreements and guidelines for all functions and operations to increase operational efficiency and ensure system security and responsiveness.
- Develop the annual IT Strategic Initiatives with responsibility for ensuring cost effective and accurate delivery of business operations and technology and systems solutions to support to the Bancorp diversified businesses within budgetary allocations. Design and execute business development strategies to identify geographical and vendor support opportunities, outsourcing or offshoring partnerships, and consolidation and enhancement options as needed.
- Participate as an active member of the IT Steering Committee team in decisions affecting the overall direction and strategy for IT to support the business.
- Act at all times in the best interests of the organization to introduce, update and maintain audit and other controls in systems and technology operations to minimize risks and ensure compliance with all federal agency and banking rules and regulations governing the industry and its products. Work closely with compliance and risk to ensure all operations are in accordance with all applicable regulatory rules and regulations.
- Lead a geographically diversified and matrixed team. Develop and execute a workforce plan to meet business goals. Interview, hire, set high performance standards and manage team performance in accordance with all applicable HR policies and procedures. Create an energized work environment, fostering an atmosphere that enables employee trust and engagement. Inspire confidence and motivate others to perform at their best. Develop and coach staff while effectively addressing performance issues.
- Develop close working partnerships with others throughout the organization, including but not limited to the key revenue generating business clients i.e., Prepaid Card, Payment Acceptance Group, Consumer Lending, Commercial Lending, as well as the corporate areas such as legal, risk and compliance, and human resources. Lead routine and ad hoc meetings to market, communicate, and discuss new, improved, or changing products, services, processes, and associated supporting systems and technology.
- Research and investigate new systems and database applications and providers for applicability to Bancorp systems infrastructure teams. Assess cutting edge tools and applications to streamline systems and desktop administration, help desk, and telecommunications efforts. Recommend products and providers whose products strategically align with Bancorp interests and needs. Negotiate cost effective contract and service terms and oversee implementation of the systems applications into Bancorp platforms and operations.
- Oversee the systems administration, database and desktop (HEAT ticket) change management and records retention processes. Ensure that system changes are effectively planned, scheduled, reviewed, approved and tested in accordance with departmental policies and procedures. Manage deployments to ensure they run smoothly, giving notice to any affected users regarding system down times and/or communicating benefits of new systems and elevations. Prepare contingency measures as needed to remove system changes if negative effects are discovered during post-implementation testing.
- Lead and manage process excellence and quality initiatives to continually raise the IT Infrastructuresupport standards to meet evolving regulatory, audit, risk and compliance rules and regulations.
- Manage the highest level of escalated systems issues. Brainstorm solutions with the teams and team leaders, and approve actions providing guidance and leadership as needed.
- Represent the company in relationships with vendors, major clients, and other key outside parties.
- Manage the facilities management function for the organization. Work with architects, designers, space planners, office suppliers and related construction and rental vendors to ensure a good working environment for Bancorp employees at all locations. Oversee and maintain a standard office configuration to ensure cost effectiveness and flexibility are built into the work station design and future planning. Oversee mail delivery and distribution activities at some larger locations.
- Lead other related initiatives as assigned.
- An undergraduatedegree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- A minimum of 10 years related experience leading a major IT division with deep technical expertise in a variety of systems tools and technology.
- A minimum of 5years management/leadership experience.
- Strong working knowledge of IT systems
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
- Position is required to travel between sites