Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Lead and/or participate in technical problem solving and investigations, write product impact statements, and aid in the design and implementation of corrective actions in support of key business unit metrics. Monitor yields and critical process parameter trends and report at various forums. Track and trend yields and other process parameters Spend time on the manufacturing floor and educate manufacturing technicians on technical aspects of the process. Become a process expert on the operations in Round Lake. Lead projects that support the key metrics and strategy of Round Lake. Proactively identify improvement opportunities and take initiative to implement improvements. Create experimental design, collect and analyze data in manufacturing settings, and identify improvement solutions that can reduce the product cost. Mentor other personnel within PDTS or other groups
In-depth knowledge and understanding of GMP and related regulations and guidance Solid technical understanding of engineering principles and procedures (Minitab and its application, or scheduling a series of technical tasks utilizing software-based tools) Strong assessment and troubleshooting skills Ability to manage multiple priorities Strong technical writing skills Good computer skills Good communication skills Knowledge of Problem Solving tools.
Education and/or experience:
BS in Engineering related discipline and 5 years of relevant experience.
Physical Demands :
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 35 lbs.
- In general, the position requires a combination of sedentary work and walking around observing conditions in the facility.
- Must be able to work in controlled environments requiring special gowning. Will be required to follow gowning requirements and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body.
- No make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish or artificial fingernails may be worn in the manufacturing environment.
- Will work in a cold, wet environment
- Must be able to work multiple shifts, including weekends.
- Must be able to work overtime as required (APPLICABLE TO SNE only).
- May be required to work in a confined area.
Req ID: R0014420