Contribute to a Safer, More Secure, and More Sustainable World. At UL, we know why we come to work. Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with one common purpose – to make the world a safer, more secure, and more sustainable place to live. We clear the way for our customers to introduce the latest products, technological advances, and systems in an increasingly complex world so they can provide peace of mind to the market. Our integrity is woven throughout our company and shapes the way we approach and deliver our solutions. We are proud that the work we do every day has a meaningful contribution to society. We continue to build upon our legacy of trusted expertise and partnership to keep our communities safe and secure as we march forward into the future. This helps us to sleep better at night, and we are confident that the millions of people we touch rest easier too.
As UL grows with the industries that we serve; we strive to constantly bring the best talent into the UL organization. Currently our Security and Signaling division is seeking a professional Network Engineer who is an expert in software engineering related to Security and Signaling products.
The Network Engineer recommends and drives upgrades to UL’s technical requirements, programs and processes to maintain UL as the highest quality provider for Security and Signaling services. The Network Engineer will remain up to date on all industry related topics. Technical knowledge will immediately convey UL’s Thought Leadership to customers and related stakeholders. Responsible for both networkengineering and project engineering management, and must have a clear understanding of engineering, preferably electricalengineering.
- Provides technical guidance, leadership and helps train Security and Signaling engineering staff.
- Provides upgrades to UL’s technical requirements on security, software and hardware requirements along with other standards bodies.
- Reviews and approves new testing methodologies and application to Security and Signaling products.
- Supports the connected technologies team in improving UL’s programs and services.
- Supports the Security and Signaling team in enhancing lab services.
- Provides technical sales support.
- Manages customer projects.
- Works closely with Principal Engineers to upgrade UL product and system standards.
- Develops relationships within the Security and Signaling industry to understand ongoing needs and helps to translate those needs into developing new standards and new services.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- University Degree (Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree) in Computer Engineering, ElectricalEngineering, or a related discipline plus generally five years of experience in software development and mobile platforms
- Clear understanding of both networkengineering and project/electricalengineeringrequired
- Networkarchitectureexperience in wired and wireless communication technologies (i.e. Ethernet, VoIP, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC, Zigbee, Z-Wave, CDMA, GSM)
- Knowledge of cloud computing and cybersecurity concepts
- Advanced experience installing and using various OS distributions
- Understanding of various operating systems, open source web and database platforms, and related to hardware
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and effectively through previous project management experience
Grow and Achieve. Growth and development are part of our DNA. Our working environment is a launch pad for our employees to excel. Your growth will be supported with targeted development, rewards and recognition programs, so that you can maximize your potential.
Job ID 2017-5597