With more than 8500 people across five continents and the Pacific region, GHD is one of the world's leading engineering, environmental and construction services companies. Committed to the success of our clients and the communities in which we operate, we have an ongoing requirement for high-calibre professionals to join our connected network.
GHD has an opening in our Plainwell, Michigan office for a Utility Line Supervisor/Planner/Project Manager who aspires to become an active employee in a vibrant, well-established company. (Relocation is not necessary as the project sites are located across the United States and your home can be your office when not at a project site.)
- Oversee all daily field operations of various right-of-way construction projects (tree clearing for right of way projects, etc.) to ensure proper site safety, construction, progress, quality control and an organized work site
- Work in partnership with project managers and estimators to support bids and estimates
- Develop comprehensive understanding of project strategy and commitments including financial goals, scheduling, logistics, phasing, milestones, inspections
- Determine the safest and most efficient means and methods to complete work, including proper equipment sizing and staffing.
- Demonstrate and maintain effective and open dialogue with the project team regarding changes in work, job conditions, subcontractor relations and any deviation in the direction of the project
- Promote positive subcontractor relations by dealing professionally and fairly with all subcontractors and vendors, and instilling this philosophy in the project team at all times
- Maintain and review punch list process to ensure all items are addressed and executed in a timely manner
- Actively participate in all company-wide training and development initiatives; also work with and mentor assistant superintendents
- 8+ years utility line clearing experience non-union environments and must have an emphasis with right-of-way projects; electricalexperience a plus.
- Must have experience directing crews on projects with values up to and exceeding $5 Million
- Experience with computers for daily reports and communication
- Ability to work on projects where health and safety is primary focus and experience with behavior based safety program
- Willing and able to travel across the US 50% of the time