Value Stream Manager
The person in this role is responsible for plant manufacturing operations including molding, assembly, and shipping, with input into production planning, scheduling, and equipment maintenance. He/she will be responsible for establishing programs, goals and objectives to ensure continuous and efficient production flow from the receipt of raw material to shipping finished products. This position reports directly to the Plant Manager as a member of the Plant Leadership Team.
- Lead functional supervisors, maintenance, and manufacturing support teams to meet production schedules, cost containment and quality metrics.
- Manage efficient utilization of equipment and facility resources.
- Maintain compliance with company policies, safety standards and good housekeeping practice.
- Prepare and maintain production reports.
- Develop and manage a manufacturing plan to support the production schedule and on-time delivery of product.
- Drive the implementation of best-in-class manufacturing processes to support plant goals and objectives.
- Functions as part of the Facility Leadership Team
- Integrated collaboration required with Plant Planner/Scheduler, and associated departments to ensure the timely and efficient production and delivery of products
- Establish, direct, and monitor performance relative to processes (raw material, production, packaging and shipment)
- Provides direction, development and leadership to production supervisors
- Collaborates with Human Resources Manager to ensure workforce requirements are met.
- At least 5 years’ experience leading production in a high volume manufacturing environment
- Strong, verifiable, leadership experience leading a diverse team of supervisors and manufacturing shop floor support team members.
- Verifiable experience driving an employee focused, safety culture
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate at all organizational levels
- Some experience with Lean Manufacturing concepts (i.e. 5S, Kaizen, and waste elimination) highly desirable
- Intermediate level computer skills with Microsoft applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
Innovative:Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
Leader:Inspires teammates to follow them
Dedicated:Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Self-Starter:Inspired to perform without outside help
Ability to Make an Impact:Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization'