Marketing Communications Specialist
8 - 10 years experience • Audio / Video
Corporate Marketing Communications Specialist
Assist in and lead the development of written content for a variety of channels and audiences. Additionally, provide assistance for the development and execution of marketing materials and programs including social media, public relations and community events. Also serve as a key point of contact with business areas for marketing services.
- Experience: 7years professional marketing; 5years customer reference.
- Knowledge: Complete understanding and knowledge of industry practices, standards, and concepts within field of work. Applies them to perform or lead work requiring extensive analytical business skills.
- Decision Making: Makes decisions using broad management limits. Applies guidelines and procedures that leave considerable room for discretion and interpretation. Decisions directly influence project, client relationships and or expenditures. Additionally, decisions exert some influence on organization's long-range goals and objectives. Participates in determining objectives of assignments.
- Supervision Received: Work is performed without appreciable direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignment.
- Leadership: Provides guidance and training to less experienced staff as needed. Takes a lead role in group, team or project.
- Problem Solving /Operations/Direct Work Involvement: Applies knowledge to determine solutions to complex problems with minimal direction. Uses research and analysis to develop innovative and practical solutions which are consistent with organizational objectives.
- Client Contacts: Manages internal and external relationships. Represents organization as prime contact for projects and other necessary communications. Interaction may include senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring complex coordination between organizations. Communication involves persuasion and negotiation, as applicable. Seeks ways of improving client service.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelors’ degreerequired. Degree in Communications / Marketing field preferred.
- Experience with digital media including display advertising, search engine marketing, social media and web development.
- Business to Business channelmarketingexperiencerequired
- Experience managing a budget and reporting ROI
- Must be able to handle multiple projects successfully in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to understand consumer research and apply research during the creative development process.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Exercises independent thinking skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to work withinternal and external clients across geographical locations.