Are You Ready to embrace Servant Leadership as a District Manager?
We are currently seeking an experienced and energetic District Manager with strong leadership qualities to oversee our Waste Connections hauling company located in Duncan, SC. As District Manager you will be held accountable to creating a safe work environment while managing the overall business as if it is your own.
This is an excellent opportunity with a growing company!
DISTRICT MANAGER REQUIREMENTS:
- 5+ years experience managing a business unit in the transportation industry, specifically waste hauling operating procedures with full P&L responsibility. No Exceptions.
- Bachelor’s Degreepreferred
- Ability to travel regularly to meet with customers and other company managers
- Knowledge of OSHA, DOT and EPA guidelines
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Excel/Word and the ability to learn and use company specialized applications
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS US, Inc. – We are an integrated solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services in 39 states. Our 2015 annual revenue was 2.1 billion and are projected to be over 4 billion at the end of 2016. We, 15,000+ employees, foster a work culture of Servant Leadership. Our goal is to create an environment where self directed, empowered employees strive to consistently fulfill our constituent commitments and seek to create positive impacts through interactions with customers, communities, and fellow employees, always relying on our Operating Values as the foundation for our existence.
DISTRICT MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees personnel needs of this 25+ route site including selecting, coaching, disciplining and training employees and evaluating employee performance. Responsible for termination, compensation and promotion decisions.
- Partner with local city, municipal and county agencies to ensure our business is providing top notch customer service, and identifies ways to improve services. Works with municipalities to renew contracts, negotiate new contracts.
- Executes necessary precautions to ensure safety and compliance with Company, DOT, OSHA and other standards and regulations.
- Responsible for developing and implementing processes and procedures for personnel to operate in a safe, efficient and cost effective manner.
- Creates and monitors budget and operating metrics while diagnosing and improving profit, processes and return on investment.
- Develops short-term and long-term goals and action plans in conjunction with your Division Vice President.
- Establishes and maintains performance targets, objectives and standards for each service activity at the site.
- Has full P&L and capital responsibility for the site. Participates in regular P&L reviews to ensure budgets are met; develops and implements programs for optimal equipment utilization, equipment maintenance, and labor and material costs.
- Responsible for compliance to applicable environmental laws and regulations.
- Has overall responsibility for facility maintenance, Customer Service, Sales, and Operations.
- Defines and implements market strategy.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Why you need to join us!
CULTURE : It’s a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.