Expertise Information Technology
Education Bachelors (or equivalent work experience)
Job Type Full Time
Years of Experience 5-8 Years
· Work with business units to initiate/identify research assignments as necessary to further business development.
· Ensure technology strategy and leadership by leading the process to identify, analyze and communicate the potential impact of new technologies.
· Lead new technology research. Effectively use research tools including internal product road maps, advisory groups, internet research, vendor interaction, and so on. Participate in technical product evaluations, proofs of concept, proof of technologies and prototypes.
· Lead teams to recommend alternate or non-standard solutions, build vs. buy options, etc, including risk analysis, decision discriminators, cost variances, etc.
· Produce detailed cost estimates for any purpose such as business case proposals, RFPs, RFIs, feasibility studies and IT projects. Effectively summarize, communicate and defend findings to C-level executives and business and IT senior management.
· Lead risk assessment analysis of potential acquisitions.
· Lead IT strategy definition and develop plans to achieve organizational goals.
· Lead the IT component of Due Diligence for the purpose of acquisition, new partnership, and/ or investment.
· Conduct an IT audit and inventory of (including but not limited to): open source licensing, customer and vendor contracts, IT finances, security, SW/HW, security, IT and business processes, regulatory compliance, scalability, and so on. Prepare a report with all required supporting documentation.
· Propose cross-organizational teams to accomplish initiatives for the office of the CIO, such as the Enterprise Architecture Council, Communities of Interest and other policy setting/decision-making groups or ad-hoc projects as appropriate.
· Author and/or contribute to internally or externally published articles, white papers, presentations, etc. that define and detail new technologies, directions and directives.
Skills and Knowledge
· A self-starter working without supervision, with strong planning and organizational skills.
· Experience communicating with all levels of the organization including external businesses and executive management.
· Knowledge and experience with all aspects of IT/Business processes, especially strategy.
· Lead efforts to recommend technology solutions to business leaders.
· Ability to drive business results through technology leadership.
· Strategically aligned current and emerging technologies with IT and business initiatives at an enterprise level.
· Demonstrated knowledge of information systems planning concepts and methods, technical architecture, current information systems supporting the enterprise, functional analysis at the enterprise level.
· Demonstrated knowledge of information technologies and methodologies in mainframe and/or distributed environments.
· Proven experience in planning/architecture development and support, and integration of systems in a large enterprise environment.
· Successfully implemented IT/Business processes with understanding of dependencies and concerns including licensing, customer and vendor contracts, IT finances, security/privacy, S/W and H/W, scalability, and so on.
· Led cross-functional/cross-organizational teams through complex enterprise-wide projects/initiatives.
· Led architectural risk assessments and reviews of IT systems while considering potential impacts/benefits to the enterprise.
· Experience in business system application design, development and installation.
· Data analysis and modeling at the enterprise level is a plus.
Job ID: 20170605-9509-TL