Come Join Our Team! DKW Communications, Inc. (DKW) is a government contractor providing professional and technical services to various government agencies i.e. defense, law enforcement and security. We are currently looking for SAS Architect to join our winning team. The individual hired for this position will provide support for our government customer located in Charleston, SC or San Antonio, TX. Remote work is also an option for this position.
DKW provides the Defense Health Administration (DHA) Information Delivery Infrastructure Support (IDIS) capabilities in the areas of data center systems administration and secure data access for Defense Health Agency stakeholders. Support domains include specialized Medical Applications Solutions Engineering (MASE), clinical infrastructure sustainment, systems engineering, security management services, and Defense Health Agency – Information Delivery (DHA-ID) project management services. DKW is seeking a senior level SAS Administrator/Architect to perform the following responsibilities:
- Develops and implements SAS application systems, including technical design and architecture.
- System administration and recommending and implementing program improvements.
- Analyzing, monitoring, and fine-tuning the application system to achieve optimum performance levels while adhering to customer requirements.
- Ensures SAS applications operate in a secure, HIPAA compliant manner.
- Working with internal infrastructure teams and vendors to resolve issues with hardware and software.
- Maintaining a comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation.
- Participating with application system problem resolution by diagnosis and working with internal infrastructure team members to troubleshoot.
- Ensuring production system issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Creates and executes performance tests to ensure that expected application performance levels are achieved.
- Contributes and at times, leads clients and technical staff to investigate, analyze, and resolve technical problems related to system functions, programming, and procedures.
- Performs statistical analysis and builds custom reports as needed.
- Writes documentation that describes installation and operating procedures.
- Must be able to install and troubleshoot patches and hot-fixes
- MUST have an Active Secret security clearance (or higher)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- At least 5+ years’ experience with SAS Administration and supporting SAS systems/applications.
- 5years’ experience with SAS Application design and architecture
- 5 years’ experience with SAS Application maintenance
- 5 years’ experience with SAS Application/system testing